Thinking about Majesty to Bermuda

rolloman

I did my first NCL cruise this year on the Pearl, I had a great time and would match this ship up against any ship in any line. That being said I really want to go back to Bermuda, the closest ship is the Majesty from Charleston. Will the rooms be too small? Is the ship old and beat up? I just got off of the Majesty with RCCL and I said never again. This will be a birthday present so I want it to be a memorable experience. Thanks for your assistance.

I did my first NCL cruise this year on the Pearl, I had a great time and would match this ship up against any ship in any line. That being said I really want to go back to Bermuda, the closest ship is the Majesty from Charleston. Will the rooms be too small? Is the ship old and beat up? I just got off of the Majesty with RCCL and I said never again. This will be a birthday present so I want it to be a memorable experience. Thanks for your assistance.

Don't even TRY to compare the Majesty to the Pearl -- check the stats -- the Majesty is a MUCH older, smaller ship. But I have to tell you, she's the most COMFORTABLE, welcoming ship in the fleet that we've found so far. She's like that great cottage that you visit every year when you go to the Cape (or the shore, or wherever you go in your area). The cabins are small (my advice -- book a superior, inside or ocean view, whichever you prefer -- you'll have LITTLE more room and a fridge, which is always a nice amenity). This ship is the ABSOLUTE BEST WAY to go to Bermuda -- you'll be docked in st. George's for 3 1/2 days and will be able to come and go as you please all the while you're at this beautiful island! We've sailed on the Dawn, Spirit and Majesty, and this ship has the BEST crew in the fleet! You will be treated so great -- we always have been!

I've recently posted a review (of course I'm biased -- we've been on this ship a whopping EIGHT times since 2000) but it's honest.

Any questions, ask away!!

Hi,

Was on the Majesty from Charleston 1½ years ago and because we wanted to see if we like NCL before taking a long cruise on the NCL Jewel (which I think is the same as the Pearl) to the Mediterranean. You really cannot compare the two types of ships – one is smaller and older and the other huge and brand new. But I will have to say that the Majesty was probably our all time favorite cruise as far as an easy, relaxing and enjoyable trip. Love the smallness of the ship – so easy to get around. We had an ocean view on the promenade desk. At first it seemed as if we were in a fish bowl and everyone could look in and see us, but we kept going outside to check and you COULD NOT see in. The room was smaller as we normally get a balcony stateroom. Also did a Caribbean cruise, and that in its self was very relaxing. The entertainment was great and so was the staff on the Majesty.

Liked the Jewel a lot - and the ports where fantastic, but the pace was much more hectic. Felt that the Jewel did not have their act together (maybe because at that time the ship and staff were still new). Published formal night on the wrong night, along with many other mistakes like that. On the larger ship, there were many specialty restaurants and on the Majesty I think only two.

We enjoyed the Majesty!!

Thanks for the input. Sorry if I misled anyone, I definitely was not trying to compare Majesty to Pearl. I simply stated the Pearl experience because it was my first NCL experience. This ship fits my location, date criteria so the only reservation I have is the long standing complaint from individuals (such as my travel agent) that the cabins are too small and the ship is outdated. I am happy to hear several of you state that it will be well worth it, so my intentions now are to book. Thanks for your responses.

I have been on the Majesty as well as the Majesty of the sea with RCCL. If you did not like the Majesty of the Seas then I would say you are probably not going to like the Majesty. The RCCL MOS was just refurbed and is definately in better shape that the NCL Majesty. The NCL ship's rooms are actually smaller unless you book the larger 145 sq ft or a suite. The NCL ship is also about 1/2 the gross tonage as the RCCL MOS.I personally like both of the ships but if you did dislike the RCCL MOS due to age, stateroom size... you will definately not like the Majesty. With all that said Bermuda is unbelievable and the 3.5 day in St. George can not be beat.

We have been on the NCL Majesty 2 times to Bermuda. My parents have been on the NCL Majesty at least 12 times. We agree that the ship is comfortable, relaxing and a great way to get to Bermuda. We do prefer the Spirit and I am sure, the Dawn over the Majesty.

You said that you did not like the RCI Majesty of the Seas. This made me a little worried for you because the NCL Majesty is much smaller, has a tiny pool and not a lot of open deck space compared to the RCI ship. Years ago we were on the Sovereign of the Seas and also the Monarch of the Seas, both sisters to the Majesty of the Seas. Loved those ships but that was when they were new and seemed to have the biggest pools and best deck space back then.

I think it really depends on what you are looking for in a ship.

I have been on Majesty out of Charleston (not to Bermuda, though.) I thought she was a fine ship. She's smaller and more intimate. Not a mega-palace like the Pearl, but certainly she will get you where you are going in style.

There is one specialty restaurant, and lots to see an do. I would travel again on her in a minute.''We have a Pearl cruise booked for August '08, and I don't think we can squeeze in a Bermuda trip before then. But, in '09, before Majesty retires from Bermuda, I would like to sail her from Charleston to Bermuda and back.

Archived