Plane Crash off Moorea

kiwigirl

My first thought was to post it here as I know that the Tahitian Princess is one of only 2 ships in the area and that it's an extremely popular cruise. Many people do pre or post-cruise stays as well and Moorea is very well known for those stays.

Sorry if this is not appropriate. The moderators are welcome to move it or remove it.

I guess it is being posted here since virtually all southern trans-Pacific repo cruises offer this as a shore excursion. You take the ferry to Moorea, spend the day there touring and at a motu and then return to Papeete via Air Moorea, the seven minute flight that crashed. We did this in May of this year. Air Moorea is aligned with Air Tahiti Nui and appears to have had a perfect safety record up to this point.

The flight is amazingly short...from the time the plane arrived at the "gate" until we were airborne was less than 5 minutes...that included disembarking passengers, loading our group and making the turn around and out to the runway. It is a beautiful flight over the lagoon and the open sea to Tahiti.

Our sympathies to those lost.

Archived