port canaveral hotel recommendation

zippnby

I am organizing a cruise for about 35 people, I need a hotel that has shuttle service to the port. We have about 10 kids in our group so it would be nice for the hotel to have a pool? Any recommendations? Can you tell me about how much you paid a night? And if the hotel had breakfast included?

Thanks in advance-

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Cocoa Beach. Great kids pool and they have special rooms for families. It is right on the beach, I think we paid around $65/75/night last August through a Priceline bid. Not a fancy place, no shuttle, but great night before stay.

If you are looking for a shuttle, I think most people stay at the Ramada.

We stayed at the County Inn and Suites that is less than a mile from the port. They do have a very nice pool area with a hot tub (I think) They have a shuttle to the port for a charge $3 each way but the service was quick and they were waiting there as we stepped off the ship on the return. They have a free breakfast which was very good and filling.

This place is only about 1 yr old and it is very clean and the people are very nice. You should give them a try

Dianne

We stayed at the Raddison at the Port in May.The shuttle service to and from the port, breakfasts buffet and parking for the week were included in the price. It had a really nice pool area. The rooms were very clean but nothing special. We paid around $180 but it was Memorial Day weekend so the prices could have been inflated a bit.

We have stayed at the Radisson three different times and will again. We only paid around $120, if anyone is military they will give you a cheaper rate as well. Very nice hotel and good breakfast that is included, a big lot for the cars for the week, they will drop you off in the parking lot.

We did the hotwire thing, we got Bahi Mar in the tower (cause we were very nice to the desk clerk I think, she was getting beat up verbally by a guest over the phone for what the shift BEFORE didn't do, we waited patiently with sympathetic smiles on our faces) We got an awesome corner room so we could see both the beach and the marina area, the hotel was nice and the beds were great, just like the carnival beds!!!!

Our room was 99.00 a night with free awesome buffet with an omelet station, so they were made fresh, the beach was right across the walkway, they did have a pool also but why go to a pool when you have that beautiful ocean right there in front of you.

The savings was great cause the rooms were like 200 a night.

Also we go two days early, we went on the riverboat tour which was like 2 blocks from our hotel, and it was really fun, with dinner included was like 30.00 each.

Have fun, no matter where you stay, I think it pays to do Hotwire or Priceline, you can just add the areas and amenities you want.

Ft. Lauderdale is not like Orlando, the cruiseports are relatively near the oceanfront hotels so it's not expensive even to pay for a van shuttle.

Cheers and have a great cruise. Carole

We are staying at the Doubletree Cocoa beach oceanfront for the second time. We absolutly love their bedding system...very similar to Carnivals not mention the beach is right there. 116.55 (room +taxess) for the night thats with military discount, DH in the navy, and I'm part of the hiltonhonors program also. they do have shuttle service to port, I believe its $4pp each way...so it $8pp for shuttle service to and from port. We love all double tree hotels because of the bedding, great room, and those darn warm chocolate chip cookie....dang those things are addictive!:p

We had about 28 in our group and we stayed at the Residence Inn at CoCo Beach it is very close to the Port you can even see the ships! And yes it has a pool and a laundry(just in case). And it included breakfest we absolutely loved this hotel it is so new and was very clean and great for groups. We paid about $129.00 for a 2 bedroom and 2 baths room it had a little kitchen in it with a wood floor and granite countertops it also has a pull out sofa in the living room. We had 4 adults and 4 kids in one room ans were not crowded at all. The nite before the cruise we ordered pizza in the room and did laundry it was so nice. They had a shuttle and it was $3.00 each way which is not bad and it is a short ride. They also provide free parking for the week at the hotel. If you have any other questions let me know. APRIL:D

I am organizing a cruise for about 35 people, I need a hotel that has shuttle service to the port. We have about 10 kids in our group so it would be nice for the hotel to have a pool? Any recommendations? Can you tell me about how much you paid a night? And if the hotel had breakfast included?

Thanks in advance-

I have reservations at the Country Inn And Suites. When I made the reservation the first week in June for April 12, 2008 the price was $139 for a suite with cruise parking. It is now $174 for a regular room with parking. You might want to make reservations as soon as possible before the rates increase again.

Thanks in advance-

I know the Radisson has been mentioned, but nobody said anything about the beds! They are the same as we have at home, Sleep Number, they are wonderful! Slept just like I was at home. :cool: It also is a beautiful resort. Coy ponds, waterfalls in the pool, lots of tropical plants etc. Just go to www.radisson.com and put in Cocoa beach. We paid 165.00 including tax. Well worth the price. Next time out of PC we will stay there again. Also make your reservations for the shuttle(no charge) early as it gets real busy around eleven. Have a wonderful cruise.

Luv's Crusin'

I have never seen this mentioned before but right on the same road as the port is Ron Jon Resort. This is a time share property but they do rent out for the night also. They have an exceptional pool area with water slides, lazy river three hot tubs and a huge pool. The price will be higher than the other hotels mentioned but if that is not an issue it is a great place. They have two bedrooms that would sleep 8 easily.

Im staying at the Radison, $99 for the room, online rate, $109.XX including tax, but for that rate you cant pick if you want two beds or one in the room or smoking or not smoking and it doesnt include breakfast or the shuttle, at least that is what Iv been lead to expect. The cruise special was $149 a night this close in. I just booked for next month, so for $50 Ill go find a McDonalds or whatever lol.

I know the Radisson has been mentioned' date=' but nobody said anything about the beds! They are the same as we have at home, Sleep Number, they are wonderful! Slept just like I was at home. :cool: It also is a beautiful resort. Coy ponds, waterfalls in the pool, lots of tropical plants etc. Just go to www.radisson.com and put in Cocoa beach. We paid 165.00 including tax. Well worth the price. Next time out of PC we will stay there again. Also make your reservations for the shuttle(no charge) early as it gets real busy around eleven. Have a wonderful cruise.

Luv's Crusin'

I absolutely agree with Luvs Crusin'! We would definitely stay at the Radisson again. The beds were wonderful and the shuttle service was well run. Staff was great as well! :)

Archived