Number of Formal Dining on 14 Nights Cruise

The CD on Jewel told us a couple of weeks ago that Miami had told them no more smart casual, just formal or casual. They haven't updated their brochures or apparently the website, however, to reflect the change. On a 12-nighter we had 3 formal and one smart casual, which the the ship's staff had to fight with Miami for because they were finding that many passengers brought outfits for smart casual and felt that they couldn't wear them on a casual night (not sure why the heck not, but that was the report).

I've often wondered what the opposite of smart casual is......stupid casual :confused: :)

I have no idea why anyone would make a distinction between the two. Take some nice clothes to wear in the evening that are dressier than day time clothes :rolleyes:

My docs which arrived this week for our 14 nighter on 8th Sept says the same as I posted earlier-

3 Formal Nights

4 Smart Casual

:confused:

They have recently changed the number of smart causal nights. You can find all the updated information here.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000WsUEXTCkIvkPrXIywIQhRVe:10ktdmods?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqId=287&faqSubjectId=337&faqType=faq

My docs which arrived this week for our 14 nighter on 8th Sept says the same as I posted earlier-

3 Formal Nights

4 Smart Casual

:confused:

Thanks, we haven't rec'd our docs to date but the RC web site did state

"The number of smart casual and formal nights is at the ship's discretion" which was followed by the information chart I tried to copy and paste but it did not come over well.

As another poster wrote there is no more smart casual, just formal and casual so this info is probably out of date.

At least we know how many formal nights we need to dress up for.

Maybe I'm confused, but what do laundry prices have to do with the dress code?:confused:

Maybe I'm confused, but what do laundry prices have to do with the dress code?:confused:

Ha! Sorry, wrong link.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000H-KQF1K7QXV-PDd-Y2KRkkP:10ktdmods?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqType=faq

Notice it also says at the ships discretion. On the cruises I have been on lately, there have been 2 formal, but the rest were all casual.

Archived