Good for September wedding?

Jane110

Hi all,

Would like some opinions....

I'm attending a wedding the 1st week of Sept. The ceremony will take place on a roof top, downtown and I'm really stumped as to what to wear.

So I went shopping today and bought this jacket and tank top. NOT in this blue, but in Acid green. (and not the pants....too much!). Sorry, no pic of the right color on the web.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod43060031&parentId=cat12150754&masterId=cat000036&index=6&cmCat=cat000000cat000001cat000009cat000034cat000036cat12150754

Or here it is if you can find it:

http://www.danabuchman.com/dblife_collection.html

Click on "preview collection" and then go to outfit # 14, says shantung jacket.

What do you think of this for the Noon ceremony? I'd wear it with either black dressy pants or soft skirt and then either gold sandals or black shoes - depending on weather. It could be a hot, sunny day or it could be chilly and fall-like. Sept weather is so fickle.

Honestly, it's a little too conservative for me, but the color is so pretty and I don't want to look funky or sexy for an afternoon wedding. Oh and I tried it with a bronze metal belt which look nice so it wasn't so shapeless, and that's an option too.

The bride is wearing a vintage beaded flapper style dress to the ceremony.

I'm all set for the evening. Black gown, easy!

Thanks for opinions!

Looks lovely!!

Payd:)

Doesn't summer go until September 23 this year? ;) :)

As others have mentioned, the weather can vary wildly, but in early September I've found that it often still seems "summery" outside (well, at least here in Chicago we can get temps in the 80-90's... not sure about NYC). Not until October do we really get the "fall" feeling outdoors, IMO.

Anyway, Jane110, I'm glad it seems as though you have already considered the possibility of it being very warm outside, with your ability to remove the jacket. That was the only comment I would make - it won't neccessarily be "fall" yet.

Have a GREAT time!

I guess I rush the seasons. I tend to think of after Memorial Day as "early fall". I know meteorogically, I'm incorrect but the beaches close, the nights get cool and the leaves start to turn color (I'm looking at some red tinged leaves on a maple tree right now :( ). I stand corrected though. Jane's outfit will be perfect for late summer! :D

I guess I rush the seasons. I tend to think of after Memorial Day as "early fall". I know meteorogically, I'm incorrect but the beaches close, the nights get cool and the leaves start to turn color (I'm looking at some red tinged leaves on a maple tree right now :( ). I stand corrected though. Jane's outfit will be perfect for late summer! :D

Oh, I always rush the seasons...right now I wish it were fall already! :) I think when kids start going back to school it does start feeling like fall.

I just didn't want Jane to be stuck in a jacket when the temps could still possibly be quite high... but as others have said, you never know with September weather! And it does sounds like she has a back-up plan.

Jane,

I love the Neiman Marcus outfit for a cruise! I know you asked about a wedding, but for a cruise for formal night, this would work great. It has 3 pieces that if you add something else, like a pair of very dressy pants or skirt in a shiny beige or neutral color would go a long way in making several pieces go farther. You could wear the original 3 pieces together or separately . The sleeveless top alone with a pair of pants or the top and jacket with a long skirt........the ideas are endless.

>>>I need one of those Victoria Beckham closets with the 3D camera and software program to catalog what I can wear with what and when I wore it last.<<<

Oh my gawd, is that true? She is way beyond anal...

I don't really know. I was sitting in my car and heard about it on the radio. Supposedly they've even installed leather floors.

Bite your tongue! LOL! We are still in summer and on the beach through the end of October (mid 80s) and it doesn't cool down at night.

Archived