Something I just read about Genesis

Probably the same or less than high rise hotels with balconies over public areas. :rolleyes:

True, but fiolks tend to be more loosey goosey on a cruise. My fear with these balconies would be that they are safety-tested to death and would end up being pointless.

I think a more likely thought would be windows that might open but then again, it really just opens the "skyscape" of the PR up to seeming much more cluttered. A the Opryland hotel or the Gaylord Palms in Orlando, those interior balconies just look tired and sad. I guess, though, that it would be a way to bump revenue on them as they would become even mre prime parade spots for families.

It would make us less likely to book them, I think.

Lee - did you catch the CD's news that one of Mariner's stops on the repostioning would be in Capetown, South AFRICA? How's that for a little detour enroute to LA? LOL. I love some of the information (disinformation) that the cruise staff sometimes passes on to guests as "inside information". :)

I wonder if he didn't say Cape Horn, South America and folks misheard.

I agree, though, on the "insider" nature of information folks hear. Some crew claim the passengers are telling them stuff they don't know. I mentioned the Star Princess fire to a staff officer in April and he claimed he had not heard about it. That seems incredibly improbable, to me.

I wonder if he didn't say Cape Horn, South America and folks misheard.

I agree, though, on the "insider" nature of information folks hear. Some crew claim the passengers are telling them stuff they don't know. I mentioned the Star Princess fire to a staff officer in April and he claimed he had not heard about it. That seems incredibly improbable, to me.

You are probably right about the Capetown vs Cape Horn comment. I must say that at times I think the crew is having its own little joke on the guests by passing along that "inside" information just to see how far it spreads.:)

Archived