Entertainment On Cruise Ships?celebrities

I would say D List celebs are the best you are gonna get. We had Charo on our cruise on Freedom and some people have said they had some of the Osmond Brothers. That is about as big name as you are gonna get. And that is about as D List as you can get. Although Charo was excellent. Don't get me wrong.

While not of the Voyager or Freedom classes, I just got off the Radiance just over a week ago. Bobby Arvon (sang "Happy Days" theme on 11th season) and John Davidson were entertainment. Arvon was also on the Enchantment several years ago.

We had Herb Reed from from The Platters (Only You, The Great Pretender) on the Freedom in May. He looked 107 years old (he just turned 76 last week, I see now after googling him) and seemed barely alife :rolleyes: He was propped up by a wondeful group who did all of the singing while ol' Herb mumbled between the songs about how great the Platters used to be. My parents-in-law enjoyed the show but we, and everybody under 50 it seemed, left after 15-20 minutes as we were afraid of becoming just as comatose as Herb himself :p

The Supreme who isn't Diana Ross,

LOL!!

LOL!!

LOL!!

Seriously - I would LOVE to see the Osmonds. They were on the Today Show this morning, and that little Jimmy is still cute as a button!

We had Rondell Sheridan, the comedian, on the AOS last summer. He was very funny, but pretty vulgar. I had never seen that side of him, and while I wasn't offended, I could easily see how someone else might be. Kind of surprised me, actually.

On Serenade in 2005 we had The Drifters - it was a rolling night and they tended to sit on stools on the stage rather that try to stand. On Enchantment this year we had The Nelson Brothers (shows in both the theatre and Centrum) and a comic that I recognized but can't remember his name at this time - also a juggling act that claimed to be famous.

Does anybody know the email for RCI that you can email them to find your entertainment schedule, about 4 weeks in advanced. I seen it a while ago,but i didn't save it. Thanks!
At about 4 to 6 weeks out you can email web_reservations@rccl.com (that is an underscore betwen web and reservations) with your res#, name, ship and sail date and ask for the entertainment schedule. It will take about a week for a reply.

Archived