How to find Repo cruises

crusingici

I am interested in knowing the best way to locate upcoming repo cruises -- I have been going to each cruise line website and that is very slow going..... I have done google searches and that brings up a few......

Just curious if there is a website where it is easier to find these type cruises?

Also -- it seems at first glance that higher 1-way airfare might negate the less expensive cruises -- or does it help in that case to buy a cruise/air package?

Interested in knowing more about this form of cruising.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Airfare does add to the cost of the cruise. And of course, you'd want to arrive a day early and perhaps, stay at your last port for a few days, if interested. Lots of pax are interested in the amount of time at sea. VERY relaxing.

I hunt by cruiselines, as I am specific with the line, not so with the ship. Then I narrow it down by what dates it's doing the repo and where exactly it stops.

Friendly reminder: Community guidelines do not allow recommendations of specific travel agencies. Please review guidelines if you are unsure about what you are posting.

In answer to the question posed...try searching for reposition cruises and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. Good luck!

I am interested in knowing the best way to locate upcoming repo cruises -- I have been going to each cruise line website and that is very slow going..... I have done google searches and that brings up a few...... Just curious if there is a website where it is easier to find these type cruises?!

Search the online TA sites. Most have repo or transatlantic as an option. Even Yahoo travel has that option. Other wise you can look by area, put in 10+ days and they will pop out (unless you are looking for a 2or 3 dayer.

Also -- it seems at first glance that higher 1-way airfare might negate the less expensive cruises -- or does it help in that case to buy a cruise/air package? Interested in knowing more about this form of cruising. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Actually it isn't if you do your research. Open jaw flights are easy to book if you are not cruising home. And if you are many airlines have reasonable one-way fares. They are a great way to travel especially if you have no flight (or a very short flight) at the beginning or end.

Typically, repo cruises are transatlantic or tranpacific cruises. I would try to narrow it down by some of the cruise lines you are most interested in taking. It really does not take long to find them. The airfare should not fully negate the total cost.

Remember that repo cruises typically have lots of sea days. We enjoy the days at sea but I am just making sure you know that.

Keith

Typically, repo cruises are transatlantic or tranpacific cruises. ..............Keith

There are all kinds of repos...... Here are some I can think of.......

--- Transatlantic (Europe to US for instance)

--- Transpacific (US to Asia or US to Australia for instance)

--- Panama Canal (LA to Fort Lauderdale for instance)

--- South America (Florida to Rio for the South American season for instance)

--- Western Pacific (Alaska to LA for the Mexica Riveria season for instance)

--- Eastern Pacific (Canada to Florida for the Caribbean season for instance)

A really great one they used to have for the Dawn Princess repo to Alaska. It was: Florida --> to LA (via Panama Canal) --> to Hawaii --> to Tahiti --> to Hawaii --> to Vancouver (for the Alaska season) Then at the end of the Alaska season they would do it in reverse. You could do any or all of the legs. Each "leg" was a cruise of between 10-16 days as I remember.

there is at least one cruise website that lists in their destination search menu, in addition to areas like Caribbean, Alaska, New England, etc., "Transatlantic & Repositioning."

I think a few other sites may merely list "transatlantic."

But just remember the old computer adage, garbage in, garbage out.

my wife shops the TAs that send you sale emails. the Transatlantic cruises, for example, only become a bargain, she feels, when they wrap it together with airfare. hint: i think the Cruise Line puts together the package, because several TAs seem to offer the same exact "deal."

Friendly reminder: Community guidelines do not allow recommendations of specific travel agencies. Please review guidelines if you are unsure about what you are posting.

In answer to the question posed...try searching for reposition cruises and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. Good luck!

A recent one I have seen is a repo from Europe to Asia, in two legs, the first through the Suez canal to Dubai and the second from Dubai via India to Asia.

Another recent one is for Panamex vessels repositioning from the East to West coast. They are obliged to go around the horn, that takes in 3 repo cruises. Both Carnival and RCL have one of these on the books.

We are taking a cheap repo from Europe to South America, crossing the Equator on the way for our next cruise.

Wouldn't "Western Pacific" be in Asia, and "Eastern Pacific" be Alaska to LA, and "Western Atlantic" actually be the Canada to Florida run?

Archived