Crown Spa- Tell me what it will be like.

CMM

I've just booked the aroma hot stone massage and was wondering what the spa would be like. Never was in a cruise spa. Do they have a lounge area to relax in before and after the massage? Should you plan to arrive early or stay after the massage? Also are their private showers and changing rooms?

Thanks!

Yes to all of your questions. There is a quiet lounge area to relax before or after your treatment. There are showers as well as steam & /or saunas available. Those facilities, by the way, are free of charge for all guests, not just spa patrons. Or at least they were last year.

They also have steam & sauna in the Thermal Suite for which there's a charge. You can get a daily pass or a cruise pass. They also have these great heated ceramic lounges that are sooo comfy and relaxing. That area is quieter and much less crowded because you do pay for it. However, the Thermal Suite on the Crown is located downstairs from the spa and it's pretty dark. It kind of seems like you're down in the basement. I didn't sign up for a pass when I cruised on the Crown becasue of it's location, but I did get a cruise pass on the Noordam. My husband & I went there everyday and found it well worth the money.

On embarkation day, they offer tours of the spa. It's really a promo to sell their services, but you do get an overview of the whole spa and some of the treatments they offer. There's no pressure to sign up for anything. I recommend it to anyone who has any interest in using the spa.

I've never actually used the spa and just walked through it very briefly. Does anyone know the cost of a massage and are the masseurs registered? I'm thinking of having one on embarkation day while on my January cruise.

Yes to all of your questions. There is a quiet lounge area to relax before or after your treatment. There are showers as well as steam & /or saunas available. Those facilities, by the way, are free of charge for all guests, not just spa patrons. Or at least they were last year.

They also have steam & sauna in the Thermal Suite for which there's a charge. You can get a daily pass or a cruise pass. They also have these great heated ceramic lounges that are sooo comfy and relaxing. That area is quieter and much less crowded because you do pay for it. However, the Thermal Suite on the Crown is located downstairs from the spa and it's pretty dark. It kind of seems like you're down in the basement. I didn't sign up for a pass when I cruised on the Crown becasue of it's location, but I did get a cruise pass on the Noordam. My husband & I went there everyday and found it well worth the money.

On embarkation day, they offer tours of the spa. It's really a promo to sell their services, but you do get an overview of the whole spa and some of the treatments they offer. There's no pressure to sign up for anything. I recommend it to anyone who has any interest in using the spa.

there is also a free sauna in the spa changing rooms which are in the passageway from the front desk to the spa lounge area.

The massages vary in price depending on their 'complexity' and all the masseurs are very professional. The cost varies from about 80 - 250. On port days the prices are discounted. If you want a RMT you will need to specify that since otherwise they will be ordinary masseurs.

The spa on the Crown has a shower area with a sauna, steam room and three showers. BEWARE!!!! Two of the showers have very nice glass doors that do not latch. They open and close with the rock and roll of the ship. Only use those showers if you are in port!! The other shower has a curtain and there was no problem with it. Don't remember seeing private change rooms...the area is a locker room style type thing.

Hope this helps!! Happy Sailing!! :)

Thanks for the answers.

Just read a recent Crown review who said it wasn't like land spas where you get robes and tea. So you just get ready in the massage room? Is there a place to relax before or after the massage. Just wondering if it is worth the $199 or if I should do somthing else.

• 2 months later...

I used the spa on the crown twice. One for a hot stone massage, I was given a key for the locker in the men's locker room the locker contained a nice robe and towel. After changing I was told to sit in the common area where all the treatment rooms are. Seating comfortable and relatively quiet. They had ice water and ice water with orange slices. Second time we used the spa was for the Rasual type couple's steam and body treatment. Again waited in our robes but this time the therapist had us wait in the pay spa while she got the room ready, so we got to enjoy those thermal loungers for about 10 mins. until she came back to get us.

Archived