Suite Perks and what is the Neptune Lounge?

The suite perks are listed in the brochure. One of the biggest is the Neptune Lounge. This is a nice lounge, with a big TV and DVD's available, nice chairs, and a small library. It also has a refreshment center, with juice and an espresso machine. In the morning it has breakfast, such as fruit, pastries, cereal and so on. Mid-day it has little snack sandwiches, cookies and such. In the evening it has hors d'oeuvres. The lounge is presided over by the concierges who will take care of all administrative functions for you -- making reservations, shore excursions, cashing checks, paying your bill and so on. It is a really nice place and a good perk.

Here are some pictures of suites and the Neptune Lounge:

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/zsuite.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

When we were on the Z, these were the NL's hours...

Port Days-7:00 am - 8:30 pm

Sea Days-7:30 am - 8:30 pm

Food Service

Continental breakfast 7:00 am - 11:00 am

Midday snacks 11:00 am - 3:00 pm

Afternoon tea 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Cold hors d'oeuvres 5:00 pm - 8:15 pm

Here's a list of suite perks that I made a note of before our cruise...

1. BATHROBE - one “cotton terry” robe per adult

2. PERSONALIZED STATIONERY

3. LAUNDRY, PRESSING AND DRY CLEANING - complimentary

4. COLD & HOT PRE-DINNER HORS D’OEUVRES - complimentary

5. HIGH TEA - available upon request in the suite during the hours of regular tea service (we didn't do this, so I don't know how this works)

6. VIDEO LIBRARY - Check out in the NL

7. SUITE LUNCH - Ours was the last day at sea in the Crow's Nest

8. FRESH FRUIT - we found this in our cabin each day

9. FRESH FLOWERS

10. SPECIAL DISEMBARKATION – passengers leave ship at their leisure. Our tags were "black" and they were the first called. We didn't get off right away, but mosied off later in the morning.

11. DISEMBARKATION LUGGAGE - You have the option of putting your luggage out by 1:00 am (like the rest of the passengers), or suite passengers can put their's out by 6:00 am.

12. PRIORITY TENDERING - If you're in a tender port, you just make your way to the tender area (instead of picking up a tender ticket). Your ship card will be a light gold (everyone elses is blue).

13. CORSAGES and BOUTONNIERES - for the first formal night

14. MENUS - Suite passengers will receive the daily menus which will be left in their cabin. We found some of these on our bed, and others we found in our "mailbix" which is just outside the cabin door.

15. BINOCLUARS & UMBRELLA - You'll find these in your cabin

16. FREE BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE - We found this in our cabin when we arrived. We took it to the NL and had it sent to our wine steward.

17. NEPTUNE LOUNGE - The hours are posted above. We found we used this more than I thought we would. We'd grab a snack here and there.

Breakfast....pastires, juices, cereals, Espresso, cappucino & coffee

Lunch...sandwiches, fruit, candies, cookies, & sweets

Late-afternoon...snacks

18. CONCIERGE SERVICE - We had Carlo & Gerald, and they handled everything we needed...from change, to cashing TC's, setting up cocktail parties in your suite, to ordering shore excursions. They will do it all. No need to ever go to the main desk.

19. PINNACLE GRILL- Suite passengers have access to the PG for breakfast (no charge)

20. PRIORITY EMBRAKATION - When we arrived at the port, there was a gal that checked our documents and we were sent to the suite check-in area.

21. PRIORITY DINING PREFERANCE - We did get the time we asked for, but I am not sure how this works. I think you get priority, but it's not guaranteed. We booked early, so I figured we'd get the time we wanted.

22. SUITE WELCOME ABOARD PARTY IN THE NL - We missed this since we arrived a little later than most passengers

I know there are more things...but I need to think about it for a bit. We loved every moment of our cruise, and IMO, the suite was worth every penny. In fact, we're spoiled now...so I doubt we'd ever cruise without being in a suite. It was great. :)

The suite perks are listed in the brochure. One of the biggest is the Neptune Lounge. This is a nice lounge, with a big TV and DVD's available, nice chairs, and a small library. It also has a refreshment center, with juice and an espresso machine. In the morning it has breakfast, such as fruit, pastries, cereal and so on. Mid-day it has little snack sandwiches, cookies and such. In the evening it has hors d'oeuvres. The lounge is presided over by the concierges who will take care of all administrative functions for you -- making reservations, shore excursions, cashing checks, paying your bill and so on. It is a really nice place and a good perk.

Here are some pictures of suites and the Neptune Lounge:

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/zsuite.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

WOW.....how beautiful.....maybe some day we will be able to afford it. Looks great!!!!!

Twinkletoes, thanks for the detailed summary of perks! That is far more information than they make available on the HAL website. They really ought to play it up with details like these.

So, no bathrobe for children, though. Too bad. I guess that means we have to bring one.

(You don't keep the bathrobes, binoculars, or umbrellas afterwards, I assume? And how many umbrellas do they provide?)

Twinkletoes, thanks for the detailed summary of perks! That is far more information than they make available on the HAL website. They really ought to play it up with details like these.

So, no bathrobe for children, though. Too bad. I guess that means we have to bring one.

(You don't keep the bathrobes, binoculars, or umbrellas afterwards, I assume? And how many umbrellas do they provide?)

There is one very large umbrella in each suite. If you wish to have a bathrobe to take with you, they are available for purchase. The umbrellas, binoculars and robes must be left behind when you leave. ;)

I don't recall reading anything about a bathrobe for children...so I'd probably bring one with me. :)

We had one umbrella in our suite, and one pair of binoculars. I would imagine if you need a second umbrella, you could as the guys (or gals) in the NL. They'd probably be able to find one for you. And these things, along with the bathrobes have to be left behind. The bathrobes might be available to purchase...I just don't remember.

Have a great time...we sure ejoyed everything. And you're right...HAL should play these perks up more (on their website). They're great. :)

Many 7 day cruises are no longer having a suite buffet.

Is this the same as the suite luncheon? We were on a 7-day cruise (last Feb), and we had the luncheon on our last day at sea. I'd read here where some cruises weren't doing this anymore, so we were surprised (and happy) to see that this was available on our cruise.

The suite life is simply .... sweet! Preferred boarding - no long line waiting to start your vacation. Plenty of room to spread out. Lovely little tidbits to snack on all day long from the Neptune Lounge. Perfect when coming back from an excursion when you want just a little taste of something and not a full snack or meal. Fresh fruit every day. When I cruised, there was a small dining room off the main one where you could have breakfast sitting next to the windows in wonderful quiet surroundings.

The balcony is huge! Room enough for a table, four chairs, two chaise lounges with a small table and STILL enough room to move around.

I'm sailing on the Eurodam in October 2008 and looking forward to the pampering!

One thing I do remember from our S Suite on Statendam last year:

The robes were offered for purchase. They were, I think, $49.95 each. We passed on the offer.

The onboard price turned out to be MUCH lower than the online price we checked after we returned. Learned our lesson ...

(I did, however, buy a down/feather pillow from HAL's online store ... I have never used a better one....)

Carol in SC

They are rain umbrellas, not beach umbrellas. :) Karin

Thanks, Karin! I thought that was probably the case, but at least now I know for sure. Guess I'll have to bring my own beach umbrella after all!:rolleyes:

IIRC, the bathrobes are "one size fits most". I'm 5'2", and they came at least mid-calf on me. My hubby's 5'7" and they were slightly below his knee.

What amazes me is how they get the right sizes for the slippers they lay out for you in the Suites. Again, IIRC, the slippers weren't there when we first went to the cabin, but were neatly laid out, on the correct side of the bed (they must either be psychic or be able to read subtle clues) when we returned before dinner. And the sizes were right!

This time I'm going to watch the steward when we first meet him, to see if he's checking out my shoe size .... lol ....

What amazes me is how they get the right sizes for the slippers they lay out for you in the Suites. ... I'm going to watch the steward when we first meet him, to see if he's checking out my shoe size .... lol ....

They could have checked your other shoes -- from your luggage in the cabin.

But somewhere I missed that we get slippers. Really? That's a wonderful perk.

I wonder if they'll have children's sizes for those.

That's the thing ... I hadn't unpacked the luggage yet, so he had no shoes to which he could compare the slipper size.

Perhaps the stewards are magicians .... lol ...

They're fabulous travel slippers ... I take them with me whenever I travel and they've survived a couple of machine washings! Time for a new pair, though, so I made DH book us another Suite ..... :D

Re childrens slippers ... I have no idea. They are slip-on terry/cotton mules, though, so they might not be terribly safe for young kids ...

Gee whiz, all this good stuff sure seems worth the extra 5 grand to me . . . imagine, an umbrella to borrow!

lkt

The only real advantage I see is the larger stateroom. We didn't take a suite (port intensive Med cruise) but still had our table for 2 and dining time as requested, terry robes, menu brought each day at 4:00pm, fruit basket, luggage carried off he ship for us, and we always walked right off the ship - never a line probably because we left so early on port days. We mostly had breakfast delivered because of the early private escursions.

We were actually near the Neptune Lounge and I never saw any adult go in or out, just some children with food. It looked dark. It's in the middle of the floor, so no windows. I thought we'd have to go to the front desk for stuff like an extension cord and to borrow scissors but our cabin steward said no need as he brought us whatever we needed. The last night -I'm not sure they usually make the towel critters - but he saw pictures of our pets and make us a couple which he said were on the schedule for the following week. I bet he would have brought us slippers if we asked, but I have all these cool chinese ones I picked up for $3.00 each. It's what the teenagers are wearing these days.

Perhaps the Neptune would be something I would use on a transatlantic ot cruise with more sea days.

Regarding umbrellas, I've been in resorts where they have big ones to borrow, assuming that's what it is, it wouldn't be anything I would take off the ship because of the size. I carry a travel umbrella.

;) I think every cabin gets robes, fruit, flowers, etc. even the inside ones.

No flowers in the inside cabins (unless we buy our own, or have a gift from the TA :rolleyes: ). We do get the robes and fruit, however.

Archived