Golden obstructed cabin info needed

mringenoldus

I'm looking for information on the Golden Emerald deck obstructed F category cabins. Are the lifeboats directly in front on the windows? Or are they below the windows but obstructing the downward view of the water?

I was able to help me friend get one cabin that appears to be between two lifeboats - but their adjoining cabin may be pretty obstructed.

Thanks for your help!

I'm looking for information on the Golden Emerald deck obstructed F category cabins. Are the lifeboats directly in front on the windows? Or are they below the windows but obstructing the downward view of the water?

I was able to help me friend get one cabin that appears to be between two lifeboats - but their adjoining cabin may be pretty obstructed.

Thanks for your help!

The boats are directly level with the cabins.

Some are completley blocked by the lifeboats and some are in between.

You cannot look down to the water because the outside Promanade deck is below, but you can see the water in the distance over or betwen the boats, with all the rigging and lowering equipment there is a view but it is extremeley limited. :)

Thanks for your help!

If it is a Tender....has the cabin....you will look at it broadside.

If it is a Lifeboat.....no cabin.....you will be able to look over the top of it.

Check the deck plan......they are accurate portrayals of the window's relationship to the tender / lifeboats.......and some of the cabins look between the tenders / lifeboats.

I just booked one of these rooms too for a promo special...I was told they are pretty much all obstructed............but the deal they gave me on the room was unbelievable!! They are giving these rooms away!!!:D

Well worth it in my opinion if you get a great price like that. :)

We were on the Golden, the last week of July. We booked a guarantee HH, but we were upgraded and were assigned to cabin E222 (F Category). We were pleasently surprised that in this particular cabin, the life boat did not completely obstruct the view. You could see out over the top of it. So for example, one morning I was able to see some whales frolicking out in the harbor, but I would not be able to see them if they were right next to the ship. Some of the other lifeboats did appear to be hanging higher, so I can't speak for all cabins in the F category.

We were on the Golden for a one day cruise in May and had an obstructed view. The funny thing (?) about it was it caused such a reflection on the window when the lighting was just right it appeared as though someone was looking in at you - I'd gasp and then realize it was my own reflection!! Yeah, well......what can I say?!?!?!

Archived