Do cruise critic solo's ever decide to room together?

ManyMore

I have a friend who cruises solo. She would love to have a place to perhaps meet someone to share a room so that it isn't as expensive and she could cruise twice as much. (wish I could lol) Do solo's on here ever do a Roll call type thing to try and get a match for a cruise they are interested in?

When you have a chance, please read Host Andy's Sticky at the top of this forum. It is titled Reminder : Asking For Roomates Is Against Community Guidelines.

Please note Cruise Critic does not allow personal ads of any kind in posts. This would include personal ads looking to share cabins, tours, transportation, etc. Posts of this nature are removed from all forums... with one exception. If you are booked and sailing on a specific ship and sail date, you can post your share request on the Roll Call for your cruise. You are targeting the specific group of people who would be most inclined to share since they are already sailing on your cruise.

I hope this information will be satisfactory.

Kat020105_emYA11_prv.gif

Might check over on *********.***, but the share-a-room bit is very difficult to do. Might try a line that does room mate matching? Or look for a line with a low single supplement.

I have a friend who cruises solo. She would love to have a place to perhaps meet someone to share a room so that it isn't as expensive and she could cruise twice as much. (wish I could lol) Do solo's on here ever do a Roll call type thing to try and get a match for a cruise they are interested in?

Try going to www.google.com and typing in "solo cruises". You will find many of the sites your fellow Cruise Critic members would recommend, give feedback, etc. if they could.

Basically, the names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the deleted posts.

I'm sorry, but I have to edit the above post since the name is not allowed in posts. This applies to the sites paying for ads here on Cruise Critic too.

Again, I sincerely hope this information will be satisfactory.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

....Do solo's on here ever do a Roll call type thing to try and get a match for a cruise they are interested in?

When you have a chance' date=' please read Host Andy's [b']Sticky[/b] at the top of this forum. It is titled Reminder : Asking For Roomates Is Against Community Guidelines. ....I hope this information will be satisfactory. Kat020105_emYA11_prv.gif

I guess the answer to the question she asked is, "no."

I hope the OP ManyMore feels free to come back and ask questions, and give answers.

Most of us who have cruised solo and post here enjoy cruising by ourselves. When I do share a cabin, it's with a close friend or family member who I feel confident I can travel with. To me, sharing a cabin with someone you met on the internet is as risky as the cruise line roommate matching services.

Roz

I agree with Roz.. Im a little leary of sharing my space with a stranger.

If I ever met a another solo cruiser, and we hit it off as friends that might be different.. but.. Im not so sure.

I am taking a cruise in February with a girlfriend and we are going first to Aruba together (my timshare) in November. That will give me a good idea if we are going to be compatible in a cabin.

Im hoping that as I am a morning person and she is not, that we will give each other the right space and privacy.

Stay tuned.

I travel solo and I like it that way. Sharing a cabin just doesn't appeal to me. I live alone -- just me and my dog - a Norfolk terrer - in a small house. So, when I'm on vacation the thought of sharing a small little cabin, well, that's just not my idea of a vacation.

Archived