Chaise Lounge Cahirs on balcony of CB

sunneesmile

We asked last year when we were on the CB. We were on the Caribe deck so we had more than enough room for one. The room steward said he would bring one and never did. Honestly, we completely forgot about it so we never asked again. I am sure if we did, we would have gotten one. Good luck! Never hurts to ask...the worst that happens is they say no!

I am pretty sure the full-length plastic deck loungers as found by the pool are no longer allowed on the balconies since the fire on the Star.

However, the new metal balcony furniture on the Dolphin deck includes two high-back reclining lounge chairs that work almost as well. You have to use the small chair/table to support your feet, but it reclines pretty far. I have fallen asleep in them several times. :p

I am pretty sure the full-length plastic deck loungers as found by the pool are no longer allowed on the balconies since the fire on the Star.

However, the new metal balcony furniture on the Dolphin deck includes two high-back reclining lounge chairs that work almost as well. You have to use the small chair/table to support your feet, but it reclines pretty far. I have fallen asleep in them several times. :p

I agree with this completely. You could probably bribe a steward to get one for you but I wouldn't be happy if someone put flammable furniture on their balcony -- it's a safety issue. There won't be much room left on your balcony if you do... there's barely enough room for two half-loungers and two chairs.

That raises a question... I recently looked at the diagram of a mini suite on Princess and saw two lounge chairs on the balcony... so, are they metal?? if they do have metal for the mini suites, why not request one of those?

That raises a question... I recently looked at the diagram of a mini suite on Princess and saw two lounge chairs on the balcony... so, are they metal?? if they do have metal for the mini suites, why not request one of those?

Our room is a mini suite---where did you see the pic

The Princess website room diagrams are not accurate--just an idea. But here is a picture of the new furniture on the CB minisuite balcony. (The old furniture was all white plastic. The new blue mesh fabric furniture is very comfy). Click to enlarge and see other shots in the album:

2294534090056174329JUzMnN_th.jpg

Note, the above picture is taken on a Caribe deck balcony, the actual minisuite balcony is two feet smaller, but the furniture is the same.

This is the size of the Dolphin deck with furniture:

2592684870056174329OKKTNZ_th.jpg

Our room is a mini suite---where did you see the pic

I realize this is just a sample... and may not be what's on the balcony... but according to the diagram below... it looks like you could have a couple of lounge chairs

stateroom_diagram_ip_mini_suite_with_balcony.gif

Oh, that the balconies were as big as the diagram makes them look....but they are not. See picture in my prior post for reality.

Or look at it this way, those balconies are just under 7 feet wide, from door to rail. According to the drawing, those 'lounge chairs each take up slightly less than ~ a fifth of the width. Which would make them a 'whopping' 15 inches wide. Airline seats are more comfortable. And real furniture is much wider than 15 inches.

I realize this is just a sample... and may not be what's on the balcony... but according to the diagram below... it looks like you could have a couple of lounge chairs
The diagram is not accurate. There's just enough room for two half-loungers side-by-side on one side, two chairs on the other. Not a lot of extra room. If you put a full lounger there, something (or more) will have to go. It would probably take up the entire width of the balcony. You might be able to fit two of them but that would be it. Plus, you'd have to find loungers compliant with the new safety codes.

NOOOOO!!!! One of the reasons I book Princess is to have a lounge chairs!!

I had 2 on CB last Nov...did they really take them all off, even on the aft cabins?

I love to read and nap on the balcony....

I had 2 on CB last Nov...did they really take them all off, even on the aft cabins?

What room and deck did you have last November?

Can only tell you that they did on the Grand Princess..had C752 which has many photos posted on webshots. Older photos show the full loungers along with the table and chairs. As of March this year, it was just the new furniture, NO full loungers. And since the deck loungers by the pool are plastic, they cannot be taken down to a balcony room. But I easily used the new furniture to recline, read and nap. Often. :)

Archived