Email from Cunard!!!!

Toffeegirl68

An email has just landed in my in-box from Cunard!!!!!

Excitement over though - it is addressed to my Dad - "Dear Mr. K" its starts. Seems they picked up my email address from when I booked his (still surprise) trip. So now they are talking to my husband and my dad - neither of whom have ever given them any money!

Though it has just reminded me of the time (many many years ago) when my dad popped in to the bank to get a balance of his account - and they gave him mine! I was 18, a student and my bank balance was barely in credit. He had just been paid and nearly passed out with shock as he whispered "'I don't think that this is quite right"

J

I had a somewhat similar experience many years ago.

My mother and I share the same first and middle names and until my marriage the same last name. To make things even more confusing my birthday is July 1 and hers is July 2. We also shared the same Ob/Gyn doctor when I lived in NY. I checked in for an office visit when I was about 20 and then noticed a lot of whispering and staring at me by the (newly hired) clerks after I had taken a seat - seems they had pulled my mother's extremely thick folder (I am the oldest of 7 children) and were absolutely amazed at how good I looked!

I've had a name mix-up, too.

I have the same first name as my mother (but not the same middle name). When I got married, I changed my last name and did all the name changes required. When I got to the voter registration, they told me (in July) that they could move my page in the book to the new town (same county), but there wouldn't be time to get the name change done (before Nov?!?). OK, obviously, I am ancient and this was before computers.

Anyhow, Nov arrived, I went to vote, and as the poll worker flipped through the book to find my page to sign, I saw my mother's signature go by. Sure enough, they moved HER page to the town I moved to, leaving me in my old town. So it turned out to be a good thing that they hadn't done the name change. I think we had to vote via provisional ballots or something like that.

Kathy

An email has just landed in my in-box from Cunard!!!!!

Excitement over though - it is addressed to my Dad - "Dear Mr. K" its starts. Seems they picked up my email address from when I booked his (still surprise) trip. So now they are talking to my husband and my dad - neither of whom have ever given them any money!

Though it has just reminded me of the time (many many years ago) when my dad popped in to the bank to get a balance of his account - and they gave him mine! I was 18, a student and my bank balance was barely in credit. He had just been paid and nearly passed out with shock as he whispered "'I don't think that this is quite right"

J

I finally got some mail from Cunard last week- My Cunarder. (Actually, two weeks ago- not that I'm bragging! <G>) Same deal- I make the booking, I pay the money, but they send all of the literature to Marc <sigh>

Karie,

who just wants to be recognized in her own right! (Not to mention, what if we ever split up. He would get custody of Cunard? :( :mad: )

At least you are hearing from Cunard.

I go on a transatlantic B2B on Oct 19th, only 58 days away no pre cruise docs , no Cunard Air schedules (supposedly due at 75 days).

I have phoned Cunard, my TA has phoned Cunard, I have sent E mail to Cunard.

No response at all.

Someone is asleep at the helm!!!!!!!!!

At least you are hearing from Cunard.

I go on a transatlantic B2B on Oct 19th, only 58 days away no pre cruise docs , no Cunard Air schedules (supposedly due at 75 days).

I have phoned Cunard, my TA has phoned Cunard, I have sent E mail to Cunard.

No response at all.

Someone is asleep at the helm!!!!!!!!!

Will be on the same B to B. Service from Cunard is not very good and is typical of all the cruise lines. Thank goodness that on ship service is always excellent.

HOLY COW, BATMAN!

In today's mail, I got a PERSONAL invite to the World Cruises from Carol Marlow!

What's that? You mean it was a form letter along with a brochure, urging me to spend 50grand on a cruise (obstructed balcony) So she didn't personally pick me to send it to, and sign the letter herself?

Well, at least she mailed it to ME KARIE!

Finally recognized the value of my money!

(Maybe Cunard has been reading our complaints on Cruise Critic)

Karie,

who is now a close personal friend to Carol.

Hope to meet her one day!

P.S. thank you, Cunard!

Archived