Buying Liquor Onboard and Corkage Fee

I have a group of 35 going on the Freedom September 9 and several are asking about buying bottles of liquor onboard. I have seen several answers to this question. Has anyone bought bottled liquor onboard the Freedom and paid a corkage fee to drink it while onboard the ship? If so, how much was the corkage fee? Thanks..........

:confused:

All liquor purchases on board or on shore are retained until the last night of the cruise and then delivered to the cabin. You can get Wine or a wine package (several bottles during cruise) from the asst waiter at your table. The cost for corkage has climbed over the years. Don't know the fee now but it's probably cheaper to buy the wine then bring your own. Plus you have to pack it in your luggage now cause airline won't let you carry it on board.

Some people have reported bottles going missing, which is very hard for me to imagine! We always bring wine and liquor on board, and our room stewards have ALWAYS been happy to keep our collapsible cooler full of ice for drinks. If you buy the wine package, then of course, there is no corkage fee.

I have a group of 35 going on the Freedom September 9 and several are asking about buying bottles of liquor onboard. I have seen several answers to this question. Has anyone bought bottled liquor onboard the Freedom and paid a corkage fee to drink it while onboard the ship? If so, how much was the corkage fee? Thanks..........

:confused:

You cannot buy liquor for onboard consumption. You can buy it and they will deliver it to your stateroom on the last night of your cruise for you to bring home.The new policy on alcohol is none is allowed to be brought onboard. You used to be able to buy a gift basket and have it delivered to the ship but they are no longer allowing that in Miami or FLL. Happy Cruising.

We just got off the AOS on August 12. Friday night we were on the promenade watching the 70's show and I noticed people carrying their liquor boxes out of the General Store. My DH ran in and bought 2 - we brought one home and enjoyed the other that night and Saturday night!;)

It depends on your luck for that day.

Some people have their wine confiscated, some do not. I will say (again) that there was a RC info sheet in our cabin upon arrival 3 weeks ago (ExoS) that said there was a $12 corkage fee for those bringing their 'own wine' to the dining room.

With your size group - your should consider buying a couple of Wine and Dine packages to save some money. This will work as long as most people won't spend $40 - $80 per bottle of wine. There is a nice discount on the mass market wines if you buy in 5 to 12 bottle packages.

We don't even try to bring our own wine on board. We usually do a cocktail before dinner and wine with dinner. But since outside wine is no longer allowed in the dining room we leave our wines at home.

We have also quit packing the hard stuff in checked luggage. With the increased screening it just is not worth the hassle.

Archived