Auckland Hotels...Westin vs. Hilton

Psoque

Hi. We are staying in Auckland in January 2008 for one night before our cruise. I initially found a relatively reasonable room at the Hilton on the pier. Then I found out Westin opened a new property at Lighter Quay. I also found a good room there for a even better price.

Does any of you know much about the two properties? Especially, I would like to know if anyone have stayed in the new Westin yet.

I would think the Hilton is probably the most convenient hotel, since it is literally steps from the ship. But I'm wondering the new Westin may have a better product if they are trying to compete with the Hilton.

Any input would be appreciated.

Don't know about the Westin but a good price at the Hilton is quite a great deal. The location is wonderful; the architecture unusual and reflective of its place on the water and the reviews quite good. I'd check out the reviews for both on Trip Advisor (and other reviews) and make my decision based on those unless folks who have stayed at both respond to your questions. You probably can't miss with either.

We staying at the Hilton 3 nights prior to boarding our Ship. I was wonderful.

An easy walk almost everywhere.

But the best part was watching our Ship "appear" out of the morning fog and glide into her berth, literally right outside our balcony. Then a easy check out and hand off of our bags to the porter and we wee on the Ship!

No traffic-How easy is that!

Archived