Tipping for Room Service...how much?

ging466

I'm travelling on the Dream in December. Being Australian and not used to tipping, I'm not sure what is expected of the room service steward. Do they expect a tip every time they deliver....even if it is just ice? Can someone give me some advice? Thankx very much.

I'm travelling on the Dream in December. Being Australian and not used to tipping, I'm not sure what is expected of the room service steward. Do they expect a tip every time they deliver....even if it is just ice? Can someone give me some advice? Thankx very much.

Room service, you will tip each time they deliver an order..$1.00- $3.00 per delivery. You will phone in the delivery if you want it.

Room steward (s) (who clean and make-up and turn-down your cabin and also supply your ice), are included in your auto-tip (on your bill) you may tip them (additional) accordingly:)

Yup..depending how busy they are.

You can always call them back:)

On one of our recent cruises we realized the order was wrong after the guy had already left. When we called back the second guy came with the correct order and he expected to get tipped also. Forgetaboutit.

On one of our recent cruises we realized the order was wrong after the guy had already left. When we called back the second guy came with the correct order and he expected to get tipped also. Forgetaboutit.

:( Not his fault

If you call room service for coffee, food, etc., you are expected to tip. (A couple of dollars is fine). Ypur room steward will deliver ice when he does your cabin and doesn't expect a tip until the end of the cruise. I saw somewhere that you have to tip in advance if you're from Australia, but if he/she does an exceptional job, you may want to leave a little extra at the end of the cruise anyway. That, of course, is entirely up to you.

I would not tip the room steward for delivering ice... that is their job.

I would tip room service (not steward) for anything you ask to be delivered specially to your room. Usually $1 a person is sufficient, unless it is a very large order.

Haven't read other answers but we do tip most of the time. As for tipping for ice, that is a gray area, I think we do, I know others that don't. Normally our tips run from about $1.00 to $3.00 or so, depending. Actually we don't use room service much except for breakfast and ice.

Nita

Archived