Noise from the gym in Lido cabins?

hubble

We are booked on the Crown in room L104 at the very front of the Lido deck (outside obstructed view cabin) under what appears to be the treadmills. If anyone has ever stayed in one of these cabins, I'd like to know if you could hear any noise. Thanks!

We had the Grand Suite on the Grand Princess on the Lido Deck. We were directly under the jogging track, so a bit more mid-ship than you'll be. The only noises we heard were the joggers pounding overhead as they ran the track. It was actually kind-of funny. You could tell which way they were running by the sound. It was very intermittant and wasn't really a nuisance.

I would think the gym sounds you'd hear would be from the aerobics-type classes where there's a lot of jumping and also the bump-bump-bump sound from the bass in the music. The good thing is those classes are usually at reasonable hours in the morning only.

Thanks Jana. I see you are going next week! I'd appreciate your feedback when you return if it's good or bad. We've always been down on the Emerald deck and we were also told this was a better location. I like the idea of being so close to the pools and the restaurants. I do worry about the noise though and perhaps some extra motion of the ship that far forward (but I'm not prone to motion sickness what-so-ever). I hear there is a Lido balcony at the end of the hall with a great view, make sure you check that out.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

We did get to the observation deck over the bridge on our last cruise, it was a really goo spot to catch the sunset. We were quite a few decks lower last year, we were P221. The motion didn't bug us at all.

I have added a subscription to this thread and will update you on the noise when we get back.

In 02/08 we will be having our 3rd CB cruise staying on Lido deck..our 1st preference, after experiencing Lido. We love being there as it offers everything we like to do during he day without dealing with elevators. Plus we can head back to the cabin for drinks, etc. Just walk out your cabin to use the pools, Horizon Court, spa, adult pool, pizza place, etc. We have stayed in L218, L230, and in Feb. L247. We have never heard any noise from above. I hope you will enjoy the location as much as we do. Happy Cruising.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back yesterday :(

We were in L219 and did actually hear the early morning gym weight lifters. They weren't exactly polite about putting them down!

It wasn't anything bad enough to wake you, but if you were up (to go to the washroom:o ) it would keep you up if you are a light sleeper like myself.

I have to say though, I loved this location and would definately book it again, or hope to be upgraded to it again!

We were bumped up to L257. Better location than we had though still inside. Seeems close to everything. Can get to hot tub before bed in my robe. But I also was concerned about noise from gym. Sounds like the little noise is worth the good location

We are booked on the Crown in room L104 at the very front of the Lido deck (outside obstructed view cabin) under what appears to be the treadmills. If anyone has ever stayed in one of these cabins, I'd like to know if you could hear any noise. Thanks!

We were on the Grand, starboard side, furtherest forward passenger cabin (beyond us were officer cabins) RIGHT under the treadmills. I called it the cabin from hell and wasn't able to stay in it between the hours of 7 AM and 10 PM while the gym was open. Hubbie wasn't bothered at all. All depends on your tolerance for noise - mine's not good, his is great. On the positive side, I saw all the MUTS, and more of the ship than I usually do, as I sought out quiet spots to read and relax, and it was a very port intensive itinerary, so it could have been worse. Port side Lido is usually okay, and anything aft of the actual equipment or exercise areas is okay. The Lido deck IS convenient and we've enjoyed other cabins that weren't under the treadmills and weights.

We are booked on the Emerald Lido deck, cabin L224 this year. We normally always book a cabin on the same deck as the pool. Although, the past few years, we have been on the smaller ships, Dawn, Sun, etc. Above us was the Horizon court. We never heard a thing. However, on the Emerald, the Lotus spa pool is above us. Has anyone sailed the Emerald on this deck?

Hubble, We are in L104 on Crown Sept 22 will let you know WAVTAM

I'd love to hear back about your first hand experience in this cabin on the same ship that we are on. If you can post any pictures when you return, that would be great. I'm quite jealous, I wish I was going next week... I guess I'll keep waiting patiently. Have a FABULOUS time!

I traveled on the Grand and had the misfortune of being directly below the gym on Lido Deck. What I experienced in the wee hours of my vacation mornings was weights being dropped one at a time and sounding like bombs. Honestly, the first set dropped scared horribly because is was right after 9/11. Needless to say, one full day of bombs dropping above me was more than I was willing to take and I requested to be moved which was a bit difficult because it was a sold out sailing. Princess was able to accommodate me/us once we docked at our first port and I was able to finally sleep in past 7:00 a.m. on that vacation.

The advantage you have is that the Crown is not a sister ship to the Grand and may have been built better able to absord noise than the Grand Class.

Good luck!

I was just assigned L301 on the Crown for our March 08 cruise. It looks like we are directly under the beauty salon, so I am hoping that we don't hear any noise from above. I think we are going to have the people in the elevator area and the stairs to worry about though. My sister and I aren't worried though, I think we are going to enjoy the location enough not to be bothered by the noise.

Vicki

Archived