What HAL Ships have completed their Standard of Excellence upgrades?

bepsf

The Ryndam will be the first ship in the fleet to have ALL of the SOE elements complete and in place. That will take place during her October drydock.

I will be sailing on her 12-4-04 so I'm looking forward to seeing it all in place and providing the photos!

Steve

www.shipcafe.net

Steve, Thanks for the info, This is exciting since we sail on her November 13th. Looking forward especially since this will be our first suite.:D

Steve

Look forward to your posting when you return. Curious as to how the T-pools will be incorporated onto the s class ships as well as the just announced upgraded club hal areas. With these enhancements my wife and I and our two girls will be thrilled!!!!!!

Bob

I contacted HA and was told that the Volendam has been upgraded as far as the staterooms are concerned. They responded very quickly. Why not go onto their web site and ask about your particular ship? Looking forward to ten days 11/6 and those wonderful new beds!

Steve,

Do you happen to know if the stateroom upgrades -- beds and sheets, in particular -- are completed on the Zaandam and the Veendam? Thanks!

How about the Zuiderdam? :)

Thanks,

R&K

As noted by others the Westerdam has all of the upgrades. The linens and bedding are very nice touches. I suspect the T-pool is part of the general trend in the hospitality industry. All of the leading resorts are featuring elaborate new spas. The QM2 has a Canyon Ranch Spa. I also noticed very little use of the T-pool on the Westerdam.

We have used the T-pools on 2 Celebrity ships because they were no charge. It's enjoyable but I wouldn't pay extra for it...at least not more than a couple bucks a shot. My question is...on the vista class ships do you also have to pay to use the sauna? I would really miss that treat on our December Zuiderdam sailing.

Regarding the T pools on Celebrity, and my personal experience. I am not a big lay by the pool kind of guy, but I have spent more time in the T pool on the Millenium than all other pools on all other cruises added up. On the Mille it is in a great solarium room and the pool is very refreshing. It is not very deep and it is a great little wave pool. I wouldn't pay to play in it, but I did enjoy it.

Is there a way that we can post on a thread what categories on what ships have been converted as of this time, and then update it as things change. I know that I am looking forward to improved bedding on our upcoming cruise!

jc

Hello Brian,

Peter and I will be doing the Amsterdam from Valparaiso - Seattle on April 5,05. We are in a category A Verandah Suite. HAL told us that the "SOE" has been done only for the following category: PS, S and A. HAL also said that by April, more should have been done. Trust that I have been of some help. Leslie:)

Archived