What HAL Ships have completed their Standard of Excellence upgrades?

bepsf

I had used the thassolassy (sp?) pool on the Millinnieum before there was a charge (it was one of the inaugural cruises). I enjoyed the pool but not enough to pay for it. Actually I might splurge one sea day and use it depending on the itinerary. It might be nice in Alaska or the Baltic, less so in the Carribean. It will be interesting to see the pool and their fee are received by HAL pax. Does anyone know what will be removed to make way for this pool on the S class ships?:cool:

On my June cruise on the Westerdam I passed the pool at least four times a day and only once did I see anybody in the therapy pool. Granted some of the times were on the way to breakfast in the Lido but only once is quite an understatement on its desirability. Maybe it was the cost- I think $15 a day.

It took up a lot of room that I think could have been used for something that appealed to more cruisers. :cool:

Lipoppop-

I suspect on these therapy pools it's a case of "keeping up with the Jones". With other premium lines offering this, it seems to me that possibly HAL was doing exactly that when planning this addition. I wonder where on the "S" ships they plan to place them, I can't think of much room up on the Lido deck for one.:confused: :cool:

KK and S7S, the question was not so much about the steel work to be done in the SoE program but the stateroom and bed upgrades. Which ships are those completed on? Y'all said none, but I've heard that they are completed on at least two ships. Specifically, I had understood that the Westerdam entered service with them in-place and, about a month or so ago I read that the stateroom upgrades -- new beds, sheets, mirrors, robes, etc. -- had all been completed on the Zaandam during her wetdock just prior to the Alaska season. Have you heard differently?

Keep in mind now that Club Hal facilities are also being expanded on all their ships. As for the T pools - I guess my wife and I are in the minority.....the one on the Zuiderdam was wonderful along with the steam rooms, heated stone lounges overlooking the sea and scented showers...what a wonderful escape for a few hours. I know we would not sail on a ship without those upgrades now!!!! That's fine that they are under-utilized...no crowds is fine with us!

Most of the questions about the T-Pool and other Water Therapies are answered right on the HAL website:

Thalassotherapy Pool

The bubbling ocean water is rich with trace elements and vitamins, helping to re-mineralize the body. Gently heated to body temperature, the pool embraces the body with warmth, soothing sore joints, alleviating arthritic pain and offering wonderful relief for sports injuries. Nurture your sensory experience and be sure to enjoy a dip before your scheduled spa packages or therapies.

We didn't try it on the Oosterdam, but definetely will on our next cruise and am glad the other ships will have T-pools. I could use it today- my arthritis is really acting up! :(

Most of the questions about the T-Pool and other Water Therapies are answered right on the HAL website:

Thalassotherapy Pool

The bubbling ocean water is rich with trace elements and vitamins, helping to re-mineralize the body. Gently heated to body temperature, the pool embraces the body with warmth, soothing sore joints, alleviating arthritic pain and offering wonderful relief for sports injuries. Nurture your sensory experience and be sure to enjoy a dip before your scheduled spa packages or therapies.

We didn't try it on the Oosterdam, but definetely will on our next cruise and am glad the other ships will have T-pools. I could use it today- my arthritis is really acting up! :(

Peaches, thanks for the info. I certainly hope that the therapy helps with your arthritis. DW's aunt has had rheumatoid arthritis since she was 30, and she's in real bad shape now, so I know how bad it can be.

Thalassotherapy Pool

;) You can get a marvelously similar effect by walking directly into the Caribbean. It's bubbling (sometimes), has been gently heated by the warm Caribbean sun, embraces the body and all the other good stuff described. Plus the eye envelops the colors of turquoise, greens and blues of the sea while it takes in the indigo dome of the sky above.

Mmmmmmm.....I'm there.....:)

Can anyone tell me exactly what this therapy pool is, and what makes it different from a hot tub?

I had always just assumed that the difference between a hot tup and a therapy pool was that, in the therapy pool one slips into the hot, bubbling water and a scantily clad psychiatrist comes along and asks you about traumatic events in your childhood. :D ;)

Greg, when we were on the Zaandam, everything was in place except the new hairdryers and new linens and towels. They are probably there by now. I didn`t like the new ice buckets at all....so small and hardly hold any ice. The beds are wonderful.....jean :cool:

Archived