Another Update about the Seawind Crash.

twiceblessed

I am in absolute tears at this time. What a brave and wonderful family man. I also applaud Mindy and my prayers are with her and her granddaughter.

It would be so hard to lose your spouse, children and grandchildren all in a moment.

Does anyone have an update on the pilot's condition? I read about the sweet little girl and hear that Sara is okay. I just haven't heard about Steve.

Thanks

No one really knows. The NTSB preliminary states that Steve received serious thermal injuries i.e. burns. You can read it hear. It's a miracle anyone made it out alive. We can be thankful for that.

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20070823X01233&key=1

I was booked with Seawind for a Sept. 10th tour and received an update on Steve from someone in their office on August 23rd which said:

"Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Steve is at Harborview in Seattle, Lesley is with him. His arms and hands were burned, he is on the mend and is expected to make a full recovery."

I still haven't decided whether to do the Misty Fjords trip for that day (I don't think I can go up), but my husband is currently booked with another Company recommended by Seawind (Carlin Aviation); am also looking at Isand Wings with Michelle.

As much as I really want to do the tour, I just don't want to ruin my whole trip by worrying about that one day.

I couldn't even read the whole story (above) in the initial post; breaks my heart.

Thank you, Duranee, for the information. I just really liked Steve and Lesley when we flew with them. I just have been very concerned about his condition. His outlook sounds positive!! That is great news.

My family of 7 (kids, parents, grandparents) flew with Steve the day of the crash from 11:30-1. We didnt find out about the crash until we got home from Alaska, and now I cant stop thinking about the accident. If anyone has information about Steve or that poor little girl in Oregon, could you please share it? Thanks, Laura

My family of 7 (kids, parents, grandparents) flew with Steve the day of the crash from 11:30-1. We didnt find out about the crash until we got home from Alaska, and now I cant stop thinking about the accident. If anyone has information about Steve or that poor little girl in Oregon, could you please share it? Thanks, Laura

That would definitely be a strange feeling to know that the plane crashed hours after you were in it.

I just looked at the Oregon paper and didn't find any updates. Hopefully those hospitalized are on the mend.

Wow! You must have many different emotions going on right now. I hope there is another update soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd also like to hear if anyone has an update - but to Duranee - PLEASE don't let this stop you from seeing Misty Fjords from the air. We spent 3 weeks in AK, but our trip with Michelle at Island Wings was definitely the highlight!! I hope you can experience what we did!

• 4 weeks later...

It is with a heavy heart that I respond to this post. Allison (the little girl who survived the crash) passed away at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle Washington with her maternal Grandfather by her side. Steve, the pilot is still undergoing grafting surgery and will have to have one of his hands stretched due to the tightening of the skin. He'll remain in Seattle at the hospital for the next week or so. Sara, the tour guide who was also on board is recovering well from her last graft surgery and may be back home by now. Mindy, Allison's maternal Grandmother, is making great progress with her recovery and has begun walking at the rehab facility. According to the family this is a huge relief as she had a broken pelvis.

Our hearts go out to all of the family members affected by this accident and we wish them a speedy recovery.

Thanks AKMisty1. I often try to pull up informatin but rarely see any. That is such sad news. I can't imagine losing my whole family like that. I am glad the grandmother is recovering. I am glad to hear Steve is doing okay as well. I was hoping he had recovered and was out of the hospital. He is such a kind man. I know this whole ordeal has been awful for him both mentally and physically.

• 3 months later...

Archived