Nude Areas on Ships?

sullaRaffaello

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So this isn’t exactly about nude areas on a ship, but about nude areas on cruise line private islands. The NCL ship I’m on will be making a stop at their private island, Great Stirrup Cay.  Does anyone know if any section of the beach there is CO, or if there are any more secluded areas/coves where nudism might be possible?  

As info, this is not a nude cruise I’m on. However, it is all adult (no kids), and our ship will be the only one there.

Thanks for any info or thoughts.

• 2 months later...

I know it’s been a while, but here’s my report (answering my own question).  There were lifeguards everywhere, 3 zip lines (2 running over the beach, 1 over the water).  Privacy was impossible.  Not exactly my idea of a relaxing beach, and certainly no clothing optional opportunities.  Personally, I’d skip it next time and just enjoy more nude time on my balcony.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I assume we aren't the only ones who like spending nude time on their own balcony?  It hasn''t caused a problem yet.  It's mostly private, you usually have to intentionally look into our balcony to see anything, which I have seen happen on occasion, but those people really can't complain. We are going on a cruise soon that goes to both Royal Caribbean private "islands". Sure which there was a clothing optional area, but there isn't, that I know of, will spend 2 days at Playa Linda beach before the cruise.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’ve heard there is a small sundeck on RC Odyssey of the Seas where nude sunbathing is allowed. Supposedly aft, port side, above the main pool deck. Anyone here know if that’s true or have any experience on this ship?

We’ll be onboard on Aug 2023 in the Mediterranean.  I’m hopeful it’s true, but suspect it isn’t. 

• 4 months later...
On 7/18/2022 at 6:12 AM, BillOh said:

I assume we aren't the only ones who like spending nude time on their own balcony?  It hasn''t caused a problem yet.  It's mostly private, you usually have to intentionally look into our balcony to see anything, which I have seen happen on occasion, but those people really can't complain. We are going on a cruise soon that goes to both Royal Caribbean private "islands". Sure which there was a clothing optional area, but there isn't, that I know of, will spend 2 days at Playa Linda beach before the cruise.

was looking at old posts about nude areas on ships and seen you mentioned playlinda and since all the china flu stuff is off we have been on one and haver 2 more booked but we have recently bought a house in mims fla near playlinda and spend a good bit of time at the beach there. we are from columbus oh area to have still used the old freestyle deck on ncl on european cruises  

On 6/23/2023 at 8:51 PM, beetle9 said:

was looking at old posts about nude areas on ships and seen you mentioned playlinda and since all the china flu stuff is off we have been on one and haver 2 more booked but we have recently bought a house in mims fla near playlinda and spend a good bit of time at the beach there. we are from columbus oh area to have still used the old freestyle deck on ncl on european cruises  

Thanks for writing!  Headed back to Playa Linda.  I do some nude sunbathing in our own yard and occasionally find spots when we go out camping to sun nude as well.  Also from Columbus. 

On 2/15/2023 at 8:50 AM, pke-atlanta said:

I’ve heard there is a small sundeck on RC Odyssey of the Seas where nude sunbathing is allowed. Supposedly aft, port side, above the main pool deck. Anyone here know if that’s true or have any experience on this ship?

We’ll be onboard on Aug 2023 in the Mediterranean.  I’m hopeful it’s true, but suspect it isn’t. 

I hope you report back. Haven't been on Odyseey and would doubt they had one, but if they did, it might be while they are in the Med. (again pure speculation, please report back. 

On 12/10/2022 at 9:32 AM, captain bob said:

For nude sunbathing on the balcony the key is to pick the side of the ship with the sunny side on the sea days - tough to figure out .

It its a round trip cruise like most, it gets harder unless you look at the intinerary. East bound cruises tend to have been sun on the starboard side and the port side coming back west.  Or  when we did the southern caribbean out of San Juan, it had the best sun in the aft coming back.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Thanks for writing!  Headed back to Playa Linda.  I do some nude sunbathing in our own yard and occasionally find spots when we go out camping to sun nude as well.  Also from Columbus. 

we live just east of newark between newark and zanesville but like i said we bought a house in mims right near titusville so will be spending a good bit of time at playlinda. its great they got the lot 13 back open recently after storm messed things up. have you went back to cruising yet we sail out dec 2nd on escape then booked for a trans atlantic in 24 maybe meet up at beach sometime we have been to blindcreek and haulover also spent some time at paradise lakes for a week 

1 hour ago, beetle9 said:

we live just east of newark between newark and zanesville but like i said we bought a house in mims right near titusville so will be spending a good bit of time at playlinda. its great they got the lot 13 back open recently after storm messed things up. have you went back to cruising yet we sail out dec 2nd on escape then booked for a trans atlantic in 24 maybe meet up at beach sometime we have been to blindcreek and haulover also spent some time at paradise lakes for a week 

We did get back to crusing again last year and did 2 cruises incliing one of out Port Canaveral, but because of a death in the family we didn't make it to Playa Linda in 2022.   Speaking of where you live, we just got back from camping in Nashport in that same area - (La-Z acres)  Our spot this weekend was not condusive to nude sunbathing, but we did see skinny dippers in the pool at night.

4 minutes ago, BillOh said:

We did get back to crusing again last year and did 2 cruises incliing one of out Port Canaveral, but because of a death in the family we didn't make it to Playa Linda in 2022.   Speaking of where you live, we just got back from camping in Nashport in that same area - (La-Z acres)  Our spot this weekend was not condusive to nude sunbathing, but we did see skinny dippers in the pool at night.

YOU was right in our area i have a relative that lives at lazy acres year round ha we live up at end of 146 and to the right. We do get to go swimming in nude in eves or night in out pool but have gks who live nearby so have to watch out ha. If you get ready to head back south or cruise out of pt canaveral give me a shout 

14 hours ago, beetle9 said:

YOU was right in our area i have a relative that lives at lazy acres year round ha we live up at end of 146 and to the right. We do get to go swimming in nude in eves or night in out pool but have gks who live nearby so have to watch out ha. If you get ready to head back south or cruise out of pt canaveral give me a shout 

We are trying Carnival for the first time this Sept 16th, haven't decided to go to Playa Linda before or after.  Besides one private spot in our urban yard, we never wear suits in the hottub.

45 minutes ago, BillOh said:

We are trying Carnival for the first time this Sept 16th, haven't decided to go to Playa Linda before or after.  Besides one private spot in our urban yard, we never wear suits in the hottub.

sounds good we used to go only on carnival for years enough to be platinum but we switched to ncl and have gotten to saphire. we are fortune been on 40 cruises so far been on one rccl  navigator of seas to europe and one msc. Hot tub nude is always good 

5 hours ago, beetle9 said:

sounds good we used to go only on carnival for years enough to be platinum but we switched to ncl and have gotten to saphire. we are fortune been on 40 cruises so far been on one rccl  navigator of seas to europe and one msc. Hot tub nude is always good 

Been on Navigator twice.  Hot tub nude with an indica obtained from my MMJ card is even better!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...