Pinnacle Menu

dakrewser

I was under the impression that the Pinnacle Grille offered a "fixed" menu (the same every night). But on the HAL website it refers to "Changing menus in the Pinnacle Grill."

Does this mean changing over a long period of time (maybe week to week), or has anyone noticed a change from day to day?

I haven't heard of a day to day change in menus. There have been a couple of posts on this board where there was a special offered like lobster.

There was a recent press release saying Hal was making some changes to the menu in the Pinnacle. The article mentioned 'planked lobster' as being new addition.

We were part of a Vintners dinner in the Pinnacle on the Ryndam in July. This menu for that night was much different than usual and it was fabulous! It appears the Pinnacle chef is able to develop this menu to be paired with the wines served. It was extraordinary, the best meal we had that cruise. :D Although chocolate volcano cake was not offered for dessert, they were incredibly accommodating and provided us with one! It was lovely as the chef also walked through the dining room discussing the meal with us.:) :cool:

We were part of a Vintners dinner in the Pinnacle on the Ryndam in July. This menu for that night was much different than usual and it was fabulous! It appears the Pinnacle chef is able to develop this menu to be paired with the wines served.

Did you know about this before the cruise or was it a surprise?

Dave-

It was totally a surprise, but was advertised to all! In actual fact we had the dinner but didn't have the wines as we are not big wine drinkers and felt it would be lost on us. They accommodated us by having us come a bit earlier than the others and for 1/2 hour we had the place to ourselves.:) The staff at the Pinnacle went out of there way to please as we really wanted to have dinner there that night to enjoy the fantastic scenery of the Inner Passage while we dined. I believe this dinner might be offered once a cruise, at least on the Ryndam.:cool:

We did the Sommelier's special dinner on the Maasdam this past May. It was great - menu different than regular Pinnacle Menu. The cost $50 per person - well worth the money.

The Pinnacle was closed to everyone else - only those who signed up for the event could dine in the Pinnacle that evening.

Our chef didn't come around - in fact he never left the kitchen.

KK, I think you told us before, but could you tell us something of the menu you had, please.

We didn't do it on the Maasdam this time, but would love to on the next cruise. However, I would like to see it be more of an 'event' with the Chef and Wine Steward really participating with information as to the food and wine. The fact that didn't happen for you had to be a little disappointing?

Sommelier's Special Dinner at the Pinnacle.

There 31 of us who signed up for this special dinner. We met in the Explorer's Lounge at 7 PM - ours was held on the first formal night of the cruise.

Here we were served Ricotta Stuffed Rigatoni with Pesto Oil, Terrine of Forest Mushrooms, and Seared Tuna served with Domaine St Michele Cuvee Brut

Then we proceeded into the Pinnacle. We were led to believe that we would be seated at large tables so that we could talk about the various courses and wines. But that wasn't the case. Most everyone was at a separate table. We were at a table for 2 by the windows.

The next course was Grilled Asparagus with Smoked Salmon and Wasabi Cream accompanied by a 2002 Mills Reef New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

After that we were served Butternut Squash Soup with Caramelized Apple and Fried Sage - wine was a 2002 Syrah McCrea Washington.

For the main entree we were given a choise of Grilled Rack of Lamb and Sterling Silver Beef Tenderloin, spiced apple chutney, mint oil and sun-dried tomato balsamic sauce OR Pinnacle Seafood Combination Lobster Medallion with lime ginger Blanc, Grilled Scallops with orange onion marmalade and Salmon fillet with soy seasame splash. There were 2 wine offerings: 1999 Northstar Walla Walla Merlot or 2001 Columbia Crest Chardonnay Washington. We both chose the Lobster, Scallop, and Salmon entree and therefore we were served the Chardonnay.

Then came an assortment of cheese served with Whidbey's Port.

Dessert was White Chocolate Lemon Triangle with Wild Berry Compote accompanied by Quady Essencia California.

If you wanted you could have coffee or tea served with mignardises.

Even though the chef didn't come out of the kitchen, the wine steward stopped often at our table and talked about the various wines. He didn't stop at all the tables.

We enjoyed it and would do it again if it were offered.

We didn't leave the Pinnacle until after 9:30.

I'm sorry, but I'm still fuzzy on whether this is available to everyone or just suite passengers. If it's available to all, how do they announce it? We'll be on Rotterdam; has this been offered on Rotterdam?

That sounds wonderful, I'd pay the $50 to experience this. Do you think this might be what they are referring to under the Signature of Excellence program when they talk about the culinary experience????

I'm sorry, but I'm still fuzzy on whether this is available to everyone or just suite passengers. If it's available to all, how do they announce it? We'll be on Rotterdam; has this been offered on Rotterdam?
It is available to everyone. On my cruise there was a flyer put under our cabin door.

KK- Thanks for posting the menu!! That is the same menu that they offered on the Ryndam for the dinner and oh my gosh that Butternut Squash Soup with Caramelized Apple and Fried Sage was sooooo good!:D

I would recommend the meal highly!:cool:

Archived