Tahiti Recommendations

Poulsbo Cruisers

My DW and I will be doing the TP, Hawaii to Tahiti, on September 19th. We have looked at the ports of call board as well as all of the excursion information provided on the Princess WebSite. We would like excursion redommendations from anyone who has been to Tahiti for the islands of Bora Bora, Raiatea and Moorea. We are not snorklers or divers, but have nothing against water adventures that do not involve those activities.

I know that I should probably post this on the ports of call board, but I have found that those boards get fewer hits and responses and we would also like to hear from Princess cruisers that have done the Princess excursions and might recommend them. Any advise will be appreciated.

I sailed on the 'Paul Gauguin', and loved the jet ski excursion around Bora Bora!!!!! We also did a 4x4 Jeep tour which was fun. On gorgeous Moorea we rented a car and had a wonderful day, including a stop for happy hour at the lovely Sofitel. :)

In Raieatea we did the 4x4 excursion into the islands interior and its wass very beautiful We really enjoyed it. I don't recall if it was BB or Moorea but there is a dolphin/whale watch excursion operated by a marine biologist Dr. Michael Poole who has studied dolphins for rs. and wrote his dissertation on them I htink. This too was really nice. I think it was on Moorea actually. have a wonderful time and I am sure the natural beauty of FP will amaze you.

In Raieatea we did the 4x4 excursion into the islands interior and its wass very beautiful We really enjoyed it. I don't recall if it was BB or Moorea but there is a dolphin/whale watch excursion operated by a marine biologist Dr. Michael Poole who has studied dolphins for rs. and wrote his dissertation on them I htink. This too was really nice. I think it was on Moorea actually. have a wonderful time and I am sure the natural beauty of FP will amaze you.

I second the option for Dr. Poole in Moorea. It's a ship excursion but it's only about 20-26 people. The boat seats 2 people per seat on each side so everyone has a chance to see something. Moorea is a beautiful island.

Also, think about the Aqua Safari in Bora Bora. I know you said you don't snorkel or dive and neither do I...I don't either, I don't even swim, but this is a great excursion. You use a big old fashion style helmet that has an airhose attached to a tank on the boat. Your hair won't get wet, you can wear glasses if you need them. It was a bit freaky at first, but once I got down there and started walking I calmed down. It was the coolest thing to see those fish close up.

I would sign up for it now. You can always cancel before you get to BB, but these are very popular and fill up fast. They only take about 10-12 at a time to the site and 6 people go down at one time.

There are great excursions that include snorkeling--but it's not mandatory to snorkel--I quit snorkeling about a year ago--I started about 30 years ago off BB. I think you would enjoy Bruno on Raitaia--Marc's Motu picnic

Anyway--I go on all snorkeling trips w/John, because he loves it--I enjoy the trip, the people and all the places we go.

We've taken the TP twice in this year and are ready to go again in March--we love it and you will to--

Are you goin:D g to stay anywhere post cruise--you might enjoy an OWB--maybe Tahiti or Bora Bora oor Moorea

We're doing Bora Bora pre-cruise and Tahiti post cruise--even not snorkeling you'll love the OWB (I think)

Nancy

Out of all the excursions we did on our Tahiti to Hawaii trip this summer... the Bora Bora Aqua Safari Helmet Dive was on the top of the list. We felt so safe underwater with the Dive Master watching our entire group. No where will you ever get the chance to see and touch fish in such crystal clear water. It was so nice not having to worry about a dive mask fogging up and getting salt water up your nose or in your eyes. If you don't take this excursion you will certainly be missing out.

:)

I was so disappointed the first time we went to Tahiti. Do you know they have a FREEWAY! Anyway, we stayed too close to the touristy places and hated it.

The second time we took the 4X4 into the interior. A complete, 180 degree difference. THAT was the Tahiti I expected.

We have not been too impressed with snorkeling in Tahiti or Bora Bora. Just a personal opinion, I guess. One time they took us to a place that had nothing but dead coral. No fish, nothing.

We bought day passes to the Bora Bora Nui Resort (Starwood) our first day, $150/pp. The shuttle boat picks you up right there at the pier. The day pass buys lunch, drinks and use of the beach and pool facilities. Very relaxing and the beach butlers come by frequently with cookies, sorbet and drinks. The second day we rented a car and drove around the island, then spent the rest of the day at the Hotel Bora Bora. They don't charge you to use their beach. Food and drinks were awesome.

On Raiatea, we rented a bugster and saw the most gorgeous scenery. The seats aren't well padded and we got quite dirty but had the time of our lives.

On Moorea, we did the ship's excursion to a motu and it was a bad imitation of Marc's on Huahine. Defiinitely not worth the money.

The first day on Tahiti, you can get up early and take the ferry to Moorea and spend the day at the Sheraton Tahiti. We were allowed to use the beach without buying a day pass. We were going back for our post-cruise stay, so spending the day there made us anxious to come back after the cruise. It's a wonderful resort.

We bought day passes to the Bora Bora Nui Resort (Starwood) our first day, $150/pp. The shuttle boat picks you up right there at the pier. The day pass buys lunch, drinks and use of the beach and pool facilities. Very relaxing and the beach butlers come by frequently with cookies, sorbet and drinks. The second day we rented a car and drove around the island, then spent the rest of the day at the Hotel Bora Bora. They don't charge you to use their beach. Food and drinks were awesome.

On Raiatea, we rented a bugster and saw the most gorgeous scenery. The seats aren't well padded and we got quite dirty but had the time of our lives.

On Moorea, we did the ship's excursion to a motu and it was a bad imitation of Marc's on Huahine. Defiinitely not worth the money.

The first day on Tahiti, you can get up early and take the ferry to Moorea and spend the day at the Sheraton Tahiti. We were allowed to use the beach without buying a day pass. We were going back for our post-cruise stay, so spending the day there made us anxious to come back after the cruise. It's a wonderful resort.

Thanks you so much for your wonderful recommendations.

Archived