Serenade of the Seas -VS- Radiance of the Seas

Hi Group!

Ok, need some help here.

I know both of these ships, Serenade and Radiance are the same in layout. But which would you chose to sail on and why? Why one over the other? I have both of these Ships to choose from when I do my Hawaii cruise, one just leaves one day earlier than the other from Vancouver. I believe the Serenade is the newer of the two?? Am I right? Is one decorated different than the other? What makes one better than the other? :confused:

Thanks!

Jennifer in MI

Jennifer....We have done both and prefer Radiance. Yes, they are the same basic layout just different artwork/decorations. Serenade is the newer of the two but RC keeps the ships in great shape. Why do we prefer the Radiance? First, the crew. While we think we get good service on all RC ships, we just think the Radiance has the best crew of the fleet. DH likes Radiance better too because of the "mesquite smell" in the entrance to the Colony Club. The Serenade doesn't have this. (This is a small thing I know....just wanted to throw it in though.) However, we love both ships and when they are sailing the same route at the same time we just take whichever one "fits our calendar" best. If both "fit our needs" the same then we would choose Radiance. Hope this helps.

First, the crew. While we think we get good service on all RC ships, we just think the Radiance has the best crew of the fleet.

I don't understand those that say the crew is better on this ship and that. The crew changes every 4 or so months, so you never have the same crew...do you?:confused:

I agree with skiiergirl...they are basically the same with the main differences being choice of colors, fabrics, patters, artwork, etc.

Personally, I prefer Radiance but I would not be disappointed with Serenade because she is also beautiful.

Seaisland....while you are right that the crew does change some....the Radiance staff seems to keep quite a few of its staff...We have had the same waiter twice and seen him at least two other times..we have seen previous cabin stewards who remember our name....some of the cruise director staff is the same... but we hear through the grapevine that they are always winning 'crew awards" among the fleet and from our experience we believe it. Just our opinion though.

WOW! That is something. We have never been on the same ship twice, so don't have that luxury. I do have to say that for all the crew we have met, there would NOT be one that we wouldn't mind having again.;)

I will be on the Serenade, so hoping to have great crew again. I did want to see Kauai though. At the time of our booking, the itinerary did include Kauai, but a day was dropped (use to be that a night was spent in Honolulu while on the ship) and Kaui was dropped and another night in Kona added.

very surprised that they would drop Kaui and add another night in Kona. Kaui is the Garden Island... Well, I guess that means you'll just have to do another cruise to Hawaii now won't you :D

Look forward to your review when your return :)

Jennifer

Archived