Princess have given 46 minutes

Shogun

Since Manchester is our home airport I've no transit experience there, but unless you were flying BA or BMI or their codeshares, then I'm confused because I would have expected you to change terminals. US Airways to PHL leaves from term 2 and all domestic flights use term 3.

Perhaps Shogun will let us know what happens next January.

We did change terminals but we were codeshare with US Airways (BMI) and it was a mess too.:eek: BMI was late leaving Glasgow (we had a 2 hr. window) and we had to get a special bus on the tarmac and speed to the US Airways flight as they were boarding:eek: If we had to go through security again we would have been sleeping in Manchester.

Hi Folks,

What odds at the book makers for a bet on us making the flight, I think

90 % here say we will not make it.

I have checked the web site here and find that my flight leaves 10 minutes latter than what Princess say, so that is good news,

the better news is the same flight goes again about two hours latter,

I have asked TA to contact Princess all I want is a letter stating if we miss the first flight Princess will put us on the next, if not then I want moved to the latter flight.

Any thoughts on what Princess might reply with.

Thanks all for replies,

Now turning to my cruise in 2009 Princess are telling me it will take two days, I will be flying for 22 hours 40 minutes one way and then when I arrive in the UK I will need a domestic flight of one hour to get home.

I think it takes NASA less time to get to the moon.

I hate flying. I want more cruises, I want to retire.

yours Shogun

Ask your TA if this is a 'legal' connection time. If he/she says no, then ask why it was accepted this on your behalf and what is going to be done to rectify same. We would not accept this. Just one of the reasons why we do not use cruise line air.

Hi Folks,

What odds at the book makers for a bet on us making the flight, I think

90 % here say we will not make it.

I have checked the web site here and find that my flight leaves 10 minutes latter than what Princess say, so that is good news,

the better news is the same flight goes again about two hours latter,

I have asked TA to contact Princess all I want is a letter stating if we miss the first flight Princess will put us on the next, if not then I want moved to the latter flight.

Any thoughts on what Princess might reply with.

Thanks all for replies,

yours Shogun

Even if you got a letter from Princess, IMO, it is only worth the paper it is written on:rolleyes: what if there are no seats?

Change it now.

Despite what others have said I feel certain you will need to go through security again before your Edinburgh flight, every recent international connection we've made in the US (and UK for that matter) has required us to leave the airside and re-enter via a new security line.
Since Manchester is our home airport I've no transit experience there, but unless you were flying BA or BMI or their codeshares, then I'm confused because I would have expected you to change terminals. US Airways to PHL leaves from term 2 and all domestic flights use term 3.
A Miami-Newark-Edinburgh connection is not an international connection at Newark. It should work just the same as if you were connecting at Newark between two US domestic flights. There is no outbound immigration check, and if you do not leave the airside area then there is no need for a security screening between flights because you have already been security-screened by the TSA.

It is just the same as if you were flying Manchester-Heathrow-Dublin, for example. You would not have any outbound immigration (as there is no outbound immigration at UK airports for any destination) and you do not need to go through a security screening.

It is also the same if you fly Manchester-Heathrow-Miami. You change terminals, but if you stay airside you don't need to be security screened again at Heathrow.

the better news is the same flight goes again about two hours latter

I'm now confused. Which flights are you on?

I thought you were doing this:-

CO539 Miami-Newark 15:39-19:04

CO36 Newark-Edinburgh 19:45-07:30+1

If you're not flying to Edinburgh and there is a later flight from Newark to the same UK gateway that you're flying to, then I would relax.

Our flight to Dallas was late getting in for our connection home in Calif, we had to run some 24 gates to get our flight in 30 min. We boarded, they shut the doors behind us, only to have us sit at the terminal for an 1hr due to tunderstorms and getting clearance, then we taxied for another 40 min, before getting off. That pilot kicked in the after burners as we were 30 min late getting home.

Might make it - might not - but if you're anything like me, my blood pressure would explode long before departure time just thinking about the possibilities. Hope you can get it changed.

I totally agree. Why go through this stress? Change it now.

......check with your bags.....and see if they can make a 46 minute plane change.......seems tight to me.......especially if you are 10 minutes late getting in...;)
When we flew to the UK this summer, we were delayed leaving OKC and had only 50 minutes upon arrival at Chicago to make our flight to London. Boarding had already started when we arrived at our gate. Somewhat to our surprise, all our bags made it to London with us. We were a little delayed taking off from Chicago and part of that delay was loading bags that were late arrivals. Maybe ours. So it is possible, but not something I would plan for. Originally we had about 2-1/4 hours planned in Chicago.

Flight C036 17.55

Flight C108 leaves a couple of hours latter

Check another web site it shows only one flight to Edinburgh.
CO36 departs at 1955 during the current (northern summer) season.

CO108 departs at 2215, also non-stop to Edinburgh. But this is a seasonal service. The last day for this service is Saturday 27 October (the last day of the northern summer season), and it is then discontinued for the northern winter.

At the same time, CO36's time is revised to a 1945 departure.

Hope this helps.

Shogun I think you need to see if you can get earlier flight from FLL or Miami to Newark. There are definitely a number of Continental Flights that leave earlier than the one you are on.

Newark is my normal airport and I always fly Continental.

Hi There,

First the important things this is my return flight so what ever happens I am not going to miss my cruise,

what could happen, well I might have to e mail the boss and tell him I will be late geting back to work.

Never been to New York so if we miss the plane I get to see a little bit of the area.

Thanks folks for views, have requested a different flight but if not, and we miss this one I will not be crying, I will not be writing to Princess, I will take it as a chance to make some new friends. OK they may be the night shift cleaning the air port but so what.

yours Shogun

Archived