Pre-purchased gifts and delivery thereof

ancldaca

I'm inviting my parents to a mini-suite on the Crown in December and I'm tagging along in a balcony.

I'd like to prepurchase things like flowers, a couple of bottles of bubbly (a Dom for their anniversary and a widow for the last evening onboard), a scotch package, and a balcony breakfast for them plus canape platers for our nightly pre-dinner "cocktail hour".

Obviously, some things should go directly to their cabin (like the flowers and scotch) but the nightly canapes and the champagnes are meant to be more of a surprise.

If I order the 'surprise' items in the name of my cabin, can I then use those vouchers and have the things sent to their stateroom?

Oh, and if somebody could point out the difference between the $33 and $48 flower arrangements I would appreciate it. I expect it to be size/quantity of flowers but the $48 one reads "personal arrangement" - whatever that would mean...

FLOWERS: "Personal Arrangement" is just a name Princess calls the arrangement, simply to differentiate it from the other. The more expensive arrangement is simply larger. :cool:

SURPRISE: That sounds fine; however, make sure you let your cabin steward in on the Surprise so that he will see to it that the Goodies get to the correct cabin. He will also want to know the day & time for the delivery. ;)

Your parents are very lucky to be traveling with such a thoughtful relative. You will have a Marvelous Time!!! :D

Thank you for your replies. Truly appreciate them.

Sorry Bill, "I'm taken". :p

Yeah. I'm pretty exited about inviting them when it was always the other way around. Ha! They are telling all their friends who in turn are - casually - mentioning it to their own kids...

I'm sure it won't be the same for those of you resident in the US but we've found ordering the scotch package on board to be more effective than pre-cruise. The pound to dollar exchange rate applied pre-cruise is never favourable. Also if you want a specific soda (we usually want diet sprite) it's much easier to achieve on board. Also the 15% gratuity isn't applied. Gillian.

Beginning the first formal night they have a table on the Promenade Deck where they sell flower arrangements every day till the end of the cruise. I would wait till onboard and order it from there. They also have samples of the arrangements so you can see them.

Archived