????

Victoria13

WE are going to stop in St.Lucia,

does anyone know where we can get married

and/or a good wedding planner???

This is vaguely off topic I know, but similar conditions may apply.

I live in Barbados, not far from St.Lucia,

and here on this island in this jurisdiction,

is a requirement that couples desirous of getting married

be resident on the island for at least three days prior to the wedding day.

Now, I can't say that same applies to the St.Lucia jurisdiction,

since these ex-British Colonial island territories

all have their own little laws,

albeit evolved out of British Law that once applied.

You may want to check that out, okay?

With luck they'll have no such stipulation

and you can just go get a local marriage license, find a local 'Shaman',

and do the deed on a beach somewhere.

All I'm saying is check the island's requisites/stipulations

for such "annoyances" that might hinder your best efforts

at getting married on a specific island.

You may be better off getting married on the ship, in International waters,

where no-one's silly stipulations apply.

Check it all out.

I'd Google something like "getting married in St.Lucia"

and see what comes back,okay?

WE are going to stop in st. lucia, does anyone know where we can get married or and a good wedding planner???

I wish I could remember....I just saw one on the travel channel about a month ago. She did weddings on a souple of the islands and St Lucia was one of them. Sorry. You might check a St Lucia website.

We stayed on St lucia a few years ago and lots of weddings at the resort

Club St Lucia but I am sure a lot of the resorts do beach weddings.

Check out the residency requirements a few couple we spoke to had to be on the island for a few days prior to the service.

• 1 month later...

I know my story is probably not typical and I don't want to scare anyone but I think people should know what happened so perhaps it will not happen to anyone else....

I planned my whole cruise and vacation around the wedding. I hired a wedding coordinator on one of the Islands we were visiting on the cruise. The whole thing sounded like a dream come true. I cannot begin to tell you how happy I was about the whole thing. It was my dream to get married in a tropical location and surprise all of my family, friends and coworkers with the news. Only a very few people knew of our plans before we left.

As part of the planning process I sent my legal documents to the planner in January for an April wedding. The wedding planner sent the documentation to the legal offices three times prior to my arrival. I was told everything was in order.

When I arrived at my destination, I found out otherwise. It appears that the legal office never reviewed my documents prior to my arrival. When they reviewed it hours before I was scheduled to be married they decided they had some questions. They said they needed another document, which of course I did not have with me and had no way of getting it at that point.

The wedding did not take place, I am now so distraught over the whole mess. I don't know if I will ever get over it. My dream wedding turned out to be an absolute disaster.

Before I left, I sent out announcements, and invitations to a party that I have scheduled in a couple of weeks of my return home. I did it that way so we could show our pictures and the video of the ceremony at the reception. It was too late to stop the mail and I have already paid deposits for the reception venue and the DJ.

When we returned home our answering machine was full of messages from people calling to congratulate us on our nuptials and want to know about what an awesome time we had. Of course, that all just adds to our depression.

Since I have returned home, I have found out that the document they needed would cost $5.00 and I can go pick up a copy at anytime. The whole nightmare could have been avioded if I had been told prior to my departure what they needed. I would have been more than happy to provide it for them.

There is nothing I could have done differently to have prevented this from happening.

BEWARE!!!!

Archived