Of interest? Princess Captain Circle Numbers for Aussies

gooch47

Good morning. Can you please explain what THE CAPTAINS CIRCLE is. and who can join. DH and I have only been on PACIFIC SUN this FEb and are going on SUN PRINCESS Feb 2009. Suexxx

Hi Sue,

Have a look on princess.com and it will tell you all about Captains Circle.

It is a rewards club that has benefits depending on how many cruises you have done. In the past it has not been available to Aussie cruisers, not only is it now available, apparently we can use our P&O cruises towards points.

I logged on through My Princess, it had all my details for Dawn Princess cruise, when I clicked on Captains Circle it wont let me go any further until I have done a Princess cruise, fair enough. I have notified my online TA to see if there is a way us Aussies who havent sailed with Princess yet but are booked can log on our history of past cruises.

Will let you know if i find out anymore:)

Chez

xx

Thanks for that CHEZ. Will watch for any info that comes. Suexxx

Sue, just helped my husbands receptionist log on, she could get in cos she has already sailed princess and has another coming up, you can register but it wont let you into the site until you have cruised with them!!

Chez

xx

Funny, the guy at Princess that I spoke to today, said that my past p&O cruises wouldn't count. Just my ones on the Golden. Wasn't going to argue. I will settle it up on the ship in December.

Kaz

Kaz, when Andy's receptionist got in, she could log in past cruises and they had Fair Princess and Pacific Sky, she couldnt see Fairstar or Pacific Sun though, she sailed from Canada on the Canberra and that was there.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

Chez

xx

Linda,

New page on the Australian Princess site.

http://www.princess.com.au/html/captains-circle.cfm#sun-circle-benefits

Take a deep breath, scroll to the bottom of the page and exhale.

Feels better, doesn't it.

Cheers

Geoff

Yeah, thanks Geoffrey:) That explains it all!!

So doesnt apply till we have cruised with Princess, so for me it is our Dawn Princess cruise in 2009, after that will recieve member number and can then log in all other cruises, so will be Platinum for Alaska, ahhhhh

Sounds good!! I am only interested in getting to elite for the free mini bar:p hehe

Chez

xx

Yeah, thanks Geoffrey:) That explains it all!!

So doesnt apply till we have cruised with Princess, so for me it is our Dawn Princess cruise in 2009, after that will recieve member number and can then log in all other cruises, so will be Platinum for Alaska, ahhhhh

Sounds good!! I am only interested in getting to elite for the free mini bar:p hehe

Chez

xx

As Linda has mentioned for her 28 day cruise, free laundry is huge as well, as it determines how many clothes to pack. The horses doovers would be nice as well.

Cheers

Geoff

So I have to do a princess one. hmmm...

Free laundry, now wouldn't that be cool. All I would have to take is little overnighter and suitbag. Oh, wait what am I saying, more room for all that other crap I take with me, yay more decorations for horsey.

So do we get the benefits on the P&O cruises? I am missing that bit in the info.

So do we get the benefits on the P&O cruises? I am missing that bit in the info.

It looks as though these benefits only apply on Princess Cruises by reading between the lines. I'm stuck at Gold, but only have 3 more to do after my next cruise to reach Platnium.

Gold Members

Gold member benefits:

Preferential pricing offers

Circle Centre Online

Princess Captain’s Circle Quarterly Newsletter

Circle Host

Free Cruise Photo Contest

Members-only on board events

Members benefit card

Princess Passport

Not exactly exciting stuff.:rolleyes:

Free laundry, now wouldn't that be cool. All I would have to take is little overnighter and suitbag. Oh, wait what am I saying, more room for all that other crap I take with me, yay more decorations for horsey.

I don't see it, and it poses a very puzzling question. Why would they be offering long time loyal P&O customers a carrot to try the other brand? If you could get the elite status, it would be worth being disloyal.

Cheers

Geoff

I am only interested in getting to elite for the free mini bar:p hehe

Chez

xx

You only get the minibar once though!!:( I wonder if it is you get the free use of the minibar for the entire cruise, or just once? They restock the minibar every day, so I'm curious as to how it works.

I'd love to get the cruise atlas. It would be great to see where you have just been.:)

You only get the minibar once though!!:( I wonder if it is you get the free use of the minibar for the entire cruise, or just once? They restock the minibar every day, so I'm curious as to how it works.

I'd love to get the cruise atlas. It would be great to see where you have just been.:)

You get a free mini-bar. You only have to pay for any replacements you drink. Same as the full suites (we are waiting for the fairy)

Cheers

Geoff

Thanks Geoff. Your are a wealth of information and entertainment!!:p ;)

He is isnt he Jarrod, wonder if I can call him DH too:p (not darlling husband):p

Pretty crappy, I would be Platinum but cant get any benefits on our Princess cruise until AFTER we have cruised:( thought those benefits might sway Andy into cruising a bit more:D

But its really great that all those loyal Aussie Princess cruisers can now have the benefits, pity P&O dont do more for us that have been loyal, not that we have had much choice hehe

Chez

xx

great if it works. Both my husband and I have tried to register - it can find us but it says our birthdate is incorrect. Its the same date I have had for the last 52 years!!!!! I will have to try and contact them without phoning to get it sorted. Mummsie who is sure she was born 31/12/1954 !!! :D

Jane this may be the ammunity you need to go and try princess cruises :D :D

great if it works. Both my husband and I have tried to register - it can find us but it says our birthdate is incorrect. Its the same date I have had for the last 52 years!!!!! I will have to try and contact them without phoning to get it sorted. Mummsie who is sure she was born 31/12/1954 !!! :D

Mummsie I have a solution for that:) put your day and month in the other way round, the American way!! I did the same;)

Chez

xx

ha just put in my husbands birthdate for mine and it worked so obviously they have their recoreds screwed. Least I am now registered :D but according to them I am married to a toy boy !!! :D:D Mummsie

Lucky you, so am I, but mine is real:p

I was on the US Princess site and couldnt work out why, then realised had the dates around the wrong way:rolleyes: I put them in correct and they had all my details there!!

Chez

xx

Mummsie,

According to the link, you will already be registered, as you have already cruised on Princess - and they will send you a pack with your membership details.

How do I receive my benefits?

The key to accessing these great benefits is your Member Number. Members will be sent a welcome pack which provides them with this number, it is your passport to rewards! Don’t forget to have it on hand when making a booking or reservation to ensure you get all the advantages reserved for Circle Members.

Do I qualify to join the club?

If you have previously taken a cruise with Princess Cruises, congratulations! You’ll be automatically enrolled into the Princess Captain’s Circle and sent a welcome pack shortly.

Cheers

Geoff (DW's toyboy)

Archived