Need Info From Recent Zaandam To Hawaii

sweet sheep

Going to Hawaii on Zaandam on April 3rd. Have a couple of questions from fairly recent cruisers on this journey.

Do they still have the Black & White Ball? How many formal nights? Do they still play regular Trivia and also team trivia?

How was the ship overall? How were the shows? Did they show fairly recent movies in the theatre?

Thank you in advance for your responses! i love this message board! There is no better place to find info needed.:)

Keep up the good work Cruise Critic-you are appreciated by many!:)

This info is from last October---

Yes, there was a Black and White Ball for about an hour on one of the formal nights. I don't remember exactly how many of those formal nights there were---it was either four or five.

I'm not sure what you mean by "regular trivia and also team trivia". :confused: There was team trivia every day. Each day was a complete event for a prize---there was no cumulative totaling of points for a grand prize, if that's what you mean.

The ship was beautiful---I love the "music" theme carried out in wall coverings and doors.

I never went to any shows or movies.

What I meant about the trivia games is: I have been on HAL cruises where there is a trivia game each day with prizes and there has also been one where the men are against the women (no prizes offered-just bragging rights):D This is done with as many men and women that show up each time. It is funny.

What I meant about the trivia games is: I have been on HAL cruises where there is a trivia game each day with prizes and there has also been one where the men are against the women (no prizes offered-just bragging rights):D This is done with as many men and women that show up each time. It is funny.

OK, gotcha now. Those types of trivia games are usually held on port days when few people show up for teams. I've never attended one because I was ashore, so I don't remember if any like that were held on the Hawaii cruise.

I've also seen it played---especially over a long cruise---where it's cumulative totals over the course of the cruise for the grand prize. That's tough, because teams are set, and you feel a strong obligation to show up regardless of what else is going on. Fortunately I've only seen it done that way once or twice.

I have been on 17 HAL cruises, am a huge trivia buff and have never seen this type of trivia. I have been on crusises where there is also an evening team trivia usually about 9pm. We recently did the Zaandam Hawaii cruise and adored it. The staff and crew are exceptional. The black and white ball is so much fun, I was dancing with an officer and won all the goodies that they give out during the "ticket" dances.

The entertainment is subjective but I have always enjoyed the stage shows. With a longer cruise you will also get to see both the Indonesian and the Filipino crew shows. You will have a wonderful time I am sure.

Archived