I just LOVE Princess!!

wernew2cruising

Today in the mail was the Panama Canal brochure I ordered MONTHS ago. The pretty cool thing and the reason I love Princess is because inside the envelope is a letter from Alan Buckelew. He is apologizing for the delay and to make it up to me, he is giving a $50 per couple OBC on any future OR existing reservations for sailings in 2007 and 2008!

Anyone else get this nice surprise?

Thank you Princess. :)

Today in the mail was the Panama Canal brochure I ordered MONTHS ago. The pretty cool thing and the reason I love Princess is because inside the envelope is a letter from Alan Buckelew. He is apologizing for the delay and to make it up to me, he is giving a $50 per couple OBC on any future OR existing reservations for sailings in 2007 and 2008!

No, but the DW did get a "Thanks for cruising with us" email today, sent on behalf of Captain Kent, complete with picture. Does that count?:)

Yup! I got the same thing, and had it applied to my existing booking on the CB next summer.:D

I got that too! We leave Saturday. I couldn't tell from the way it was worded whether or not we could use it on this trip?? At first I thought it was ok since it said to be used on "a 2007 or 2008 cruise" but then there were some other words that seemed to indicate you had to tell them ahead of time that you were using it?

Does anyone think we could use this on our about-to-be trip? This is a once in a lifetime thing for us so if we can't use it now, we never will.

We got one too because Princess was delayed in sending out an Alaska brochure I ordered. I called and got it applied to our Hawaii cruise in March.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Does anyone think we could use this on our about-to-be trip? This is a once in a lifetime thing for us so if we can't use it now, we never will."

Yes you should be able to, but you have to call Princess to get it applied. The letter said in the small print at the bottom that you have to call. I guess they won't accept your just taking the letter with you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also got the letter (I don't ever remember ordering the brochures, but I will take the $50 credit!) and called Princess to have it applied to my current booking, which the agent took care of on the phone with no problem (I thought he might say that the TA had to call). Then I was asked if I could take a short customer service survey which I did (it was computer-generated questions). Seems as if Princess is starting to take customer service more seriously!!

I got that too! We leave Saturday. I couldn't tell from the way it was worded whether or not we could use it on this trip?? At first I thought it was ok since it said to be used on "a 2007 or 2008 cruise" but then there were some other words that seemed to indicate you had to tell them ahead of time that you were using it?

Does anyone think we could use this on our about-to-be trip? This is a once in a lifetime thing for us so if we can't use it now, we never will.

It says at the bottom of the letter..." your travel agent may also contact Princess Cruises to have your credit applied to an existing reservation. Or you may call 1-800-PRINCESS(800-774-6327) for additional information." So I would say, hurry and call them!! :D

Archived