SetSail Pass question

GAPaige

We are taking my mom on a cruise in October and surprising her by having her cousin join her. My mom thinks she will be rooming with my daughter, but is actually rooming with her cousin. Mom is flying in with us and we plan to be at the port pretty early, but cousin is coming later. I noticed on the SetSail Pass section of the online check-in that everyone listed must be present for boarding. I would hate for my mom to find out her big surprise by being denied boarding until cousin gets there. Is there anyway around this?

We cruised with another family this past Feb. Each set of adults had a cabin and we had our 2 kids and their 2 kids in one other cabin. The kids cabin was in my name. My family got to the pier and boarded an hour before the other family. So, only two of the four passengers in the kids cabins was present at time of check-in and we had no problem. I don't remember how our Set Sail pass was done, if I had six on mine and the other couple had two or if I had four and they had four. Does the cousin have her own reservation #? If so, you would fill out a separate Set Sail for her and then it would not be an issue. I suggest calling RCI, explain your situation and see what they have to say.

I think if you print out the set sail passes individually they do not have to be there at the same time. At Christmas, my 2 sisters were rooming together, same reservation number but flying in from different cities. They each went on line and printed their own set sail pass. One was on board hours before the other. Hope it works out for you. (Unless you have already printed out the set sail pass with both names on it......)

Judi

Archived