Balcony question

Howdy all,

Going on the Mariner next month and have 3 rooms in a row. Can you open the walls outside to make one big balcony? Thanks

Ok, not too sure how accurate this answer is, BUT.....our friends went on Freedom last year and the cabin next to them was friends of theirs. They found a way to open up the partition on the balcony and they said it worked out great. On another thread a while ago, I remember someone saying that if you ask your cabin steward, he will do it for you. Hope this helps, I know someone on here will have a better answer for you! Either way, I know they can open up some how :)

We loved the Mariner, enjoy her!! ;)

WOW!.. everything I have read on these boards prior to this tells me the answer to this would have been a resounding NO! This can really be done? Is it fleet wide? We will be on the AOS in March with friends and would love to remove the divider between our two cabins. Is this really a possibility?

WOW!.. everything I have read on these boards prior to this tells me the answer to this would have been a resounding NO! This can really be done? Is it fleet wide? We will be on the AOS in March with friends and would love to remove the divider between our two cabins. Is this really a possibility?

Has anyone been able to do this on the AOS? We'll be in 9690 & 9692 and would love to connect the two balconies if we can.

Has anyone been able to do this on the AOS? We'll be in 9690 & 9692 and would love to connect the two balconies if we can.

Im pretty sure you wont be able to do this on the AOS since the dividers are steel and part of the ship. Mariner and Navigator have the fogged up glass partitions that can be opened, but not the other Voyager Class ships. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Im pretty sure you wont be able to do this on the AOS since the dividers are steel and part of the ship. Mariner and Navigator have the fogged up glass partitions that can be opened, but not the other Voyager Class ships. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Nope, you are correct. Voyager, Explorer and Adventure have the old-style balconies (can't open dividers)

Mariner and Navigator have the new style, with partitions that can be opened when allowed.

It has something to do with the balconies being inside or outside the superstructure of the ship.....if I remember correctly. I think the new ships are all like Mariner and Navigator as well....but have no actual experience to comment with.

Garren

I have pictures of 9690 & 9692 on Explorer and they have glass between them. If it has glass, does that mean it is removable? I would really love to find someone who has been in either of these two on AOS and can tell me for sure one way or the other.

Archived