how long can we stay on ship

hampshire

There didn't seem to be any rush when we disembarked a couple of days ago. This was probably the most orderly and uncrowded disembarkation we've had. As with other ships, colours that correspond to deck numbers are called (top deck down) and I would think that you could even wait until the last colour is called to disembark. No-one was checking bag label colours as we left. All of the luggage is organized by deck colour inside the terminal (one great big room) and it's easy to find your colour section. They do ask that you leave your cabin by 8:30.

I slept in as I didn't hear my wake up call. The rang me at 9.45am to let me know that I needed to be out of my room. I had a hurried wash then some late breakfast and eventually was off the ship at 11.30am No baggage to be seen but as mine was the only case left it had been taken to be securely locked away. I was really panic stricken when I got this call. I spoke to them about the wake up call and they are going to look at how long the phone should ring or until someone picks it up.

Sue

There didn't seem to be any rush when we disembarked a couple of days ago. This was probably the most orderly and uncrowded disembarkation we've had. As with other ships, colours that correspond to deck numbers are called (top deck down) and I would think that you could even wait until the last colour is called to disembark.

In my experience, which was the only sour note for my QM trip in Dec, if you have an afternoon flight booked, no matter what you say to the pursers desk personell .... you HAVE to leave the ship at the specified time .. or else face fines.

I'm not sure if that was a load of cr*p, but I wasn't in the mood to argue with them at the moment.

Just plan on leaving the ship at the specified time .... and plan the air schedule accordingly.

There didn't seem to be any rush when we disembarked a couple of days ago. This was probably the most orderly and uncrowded disembarkation we've had. As with other ships, colours that correspond to deck numbers are called (top deck down) and I would think that you could even wait until the last colour is called to disembark.

In my experience, which was the only sour note for my QM trip in Dec, if you have an afternoon flight booked, no matter what you say to the pursers desk personell .... you HAVE to leave the ship at the specified time .. or else face fines.

I'm not sure if that was a load of cr*p, but I wasn't in the mood to argue with them at the moment.

Just plan on leaving the ship at the specified time .... and plan the air schedule accordingly.

You need to look at this from the point of view of the ship turn round. They need to get everyone off in as orderly a way as possible, and though it may be an inconvenience to be off earlier than you would like it must be best to stick to disembarkation when called.

The ship on disembarkation day is not in any way like the days we have had during the voyage and is a bit depressing to me. Personally I can't wait to get off.

David.

you HAVE to leave the ship at the specified time .. or else face fines.

Face fines??? Have you been threatened with those? Does anybody have experience with this? "Your colour was called at 8 am during breakfast, now it it 9.30h. That's $ 200 and and a lash."

You need to look at this from the point of view of the ship turn round. They need to get everyone off in as orderly a way as possible, and though it may be an inconvenience to be off earlier than you would like it must be best to stick to disembarkation when called.

I suspect that if the odd person leaves the ship after their appointed time that isn't a problem. The problem comes when everyone says "we don't need to be off until 11-30" and then all stampede the gangway at once.

In my experience I can't wait to be off the QE2 on the last day - the earlier they call the better:)

Archived