Carnival Passengers' Views on Cunard

Cruachan

I am NOT orange; according to my mother, an unbiased observer, I am strawberry blond. And I'm pretty sure I could make a towel out of Malcolm. It would, however, be a rather unlovely thing to find sitting on one's bed........

My regards to Stanley, Sir Martin

Why, Sir Martin, Of course I wasn't referring to you <ulp>

I meant Garfield, of course. Haven't you seen the movie where he goes to England and um, never mind!

Karie,

who has the utmost affection and respect for sir Martin

Please excuse this question sirs and madams from a ummmm "Carnivaliteian" hehe... of what are you fine people speaking of when you say it is an ocean liner not a cruise ship... please explain the difference to a lowley carnivalian... lol.... do you lovely people say lol... lol lol lol lol..... hahahahaha:D

I would probably enjoy Cunard very much as I enjoy history, lectures, sedateness, being able to read a book on deck, dressing for dinner, traditions and so on and so forth....

But when I cruise on a Carnival ship I have a great time...letting go and having a good time participating in the trivias... I love trivia.... And I am good at it.. I think anyway...:o

So I am able to blend in my enviroment... go me........

I want to go to England (Britian) which term is better..... I like the BBC channel.... lol there I go again with that!!!

Well I must be off to have biscuits and tea but I will check back in later in the afternoon. :D

I wish everyone to have a good day....

Please excuse this question sirs and madams from a ummmm "Carnivaliteian" hehe... of what are you fine people speaking of when you say it is an ocean liner not a cruise ship... please explain the difference to a lowley carnivalian... lol.... do you lovely people say lol... lol lol lol lol..... hahahahaha:D

I would probably enjoy Cunard very much as I enjoy history, lectures, sedateness, being able to read a book on deck, dressing for dinner, traditions and so on and so forth....

But when I cruise on a Carnival ship I have a great time...letting go and having a good time participating in the trivias... I love trivia.... And I am good at it.. I think anyway...:o

So I am able to blend in my enviroment... go me........

I want to go to England (Britian) which term is better..... I like the BBC channel.... lol there I go again with that!!!

Well I must be off to have biscuits and tea but I will check back in later in the afternoon. :D

I wish everyone to have a good day....

Trivia is fabulous on QM2.

Difference in tea is you are probably off to have sweet tea, most of the people on this board don't know what that is!

Liner means different things to different people.

Liner is a ship of the line, (or one belonging to a shipping line) or it makes LINE voyages. Starts out one place and goes to another- Transportation.

Primarily, here, it is meant to denote a ship which is designed to cross the northern Atlantic (or other open water- Not mild Caribbean and Mediterranean primarily), the higher seas one might experience and the harsher waves that batter the bow. The bow has a more raked design, for cutting through the waters. The aft is also designed differently. They usually have a deeper draught (sit lower in the water) and a lower center of gravity, for more stability. Because of this design, they can go faster, in rougher seas, with less discomfort to both cargo and passengers. Look at the difference in a picture of the stern of a Cunard liner (QM2, QE2) vs most of todays modern "Cruise ships" which tend to look like shoe boxes or apartment buildings afloat. or the new Princess design, which looks like a shopping cart with that silly back crossover thing!- the "spoiler", I guess it is! <LOL>- Yes, we say LOL, just not as much!)

Anyway, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

So when will we see you aboard? Sounds like you'll love it!

(And it's still fun, all the same- Just no hairy chest and wet t-shirt contests, no ice carving at the pool, New Newlywed games and treasure hunts where you bring a bobby pin, false teeth and a man's jock strap- and yes, I have had all of those things on either RCCL or Carnival I forget which!)

Karie,

who LOVES Cunard!

Karie,

I don't know about that, but I'm pretty sure Malcolm could make a towel out of a certain orange cat.

Jimmy

Wrong Jimmy...Malcolm would make SOUP out of that certain orange cat given half the chance!!:eek:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

(And it's still fun, all the same- Just no hairy chest and wet t-shirt contests, no ice carving at the pool, New Newlywed games and treasure hunts where you bring a bobby pin, false teeth and a man's jock strap-

Thank you God.....

Cheers, ANON...who knows what sweet tea is...and hates it!!!

You are wrong. I am drinking Earl Grey Tea... Just kidding... I am actually drinking a coca cola at the moment....

Thank you for explanation. I understand now. I have seen some pictures and i see the difference between the "liner" and the "cruise ships".

I have no doubt it would be fun. I can have fun most places I go. I can honestly say I did not go to the "hairy chest" contest while on the Conquest last time. I think I was at a Trivia game... Did I mention I LOVE trivia. And I assure you I will NEVER participate in a wet tshirt contest. No one needs to see that and not much interested in watching it. I must have missed that too maybe i was in a trivia game.

Hey you guys are really nice. Not half as bad as I was reading about you guys at the Cunard Board... JUST KIDDING :D

But you are right I would have fun. But I have fun on Carnival. I am just welll rounded... hehe

Off to have crumpets and scones!!!

:D

I am NOT orange; according to my mother, an unbiased observer, I am strawberry blond. Sir Martin

Your "mother" was an alley cat SM....hardly a reliable source ;) :p

Cheers, Penny

Stanley has now run off and hid under the hedge. All these parental insults and talk of soup have scared him off.

I wonder if different cats have the same flavour?:confused: Does the taste vary by breed?:confused: What kind of cat is Stanley?:D

what is this silliness on the cunard boards?

There is no simple answer:( Except it dates back to the same thread as sequined thongs, braided armpit hair and keeping your hand at the level of your eyes by way of greeting. It's also a distant relation of hockey players and Mounties.:) Suffice to say that when something goes wrong it's that cat's doing - you can blame it and it will happily accept the responsibility:)

I think you should all stop being horrible to cats and go back to being horrible about Cannibal sorry Carnival. :D :D

No, no, no! I don't think anyone has ever called Carnival Cannibal before. Carnivore, yes, Cannibal, no.

And to go back many posts, I thought we got towel animals on QM2 when we were first on her in her first year. Maybe they stopped because it wastes the stewards' time? And it does take up extra towels, especially if passengers don't unroll the towels and use them. I think we kept our elephant on the coffee table for several days.

Kathy

I wonder if different cats have the same flavour?:confused: Does the taste vary by breed?:confused: What kind of cat is Stanley?:D

Malcolm,

Stanley is a true alley cat. He's York born and bred, and is old and probably stringy, tough and totally devoid of flavour (or is it flavor - no, sorry, that's another thread).

Jimmy

Not carnivores. Carnivalarians, carnivalites... how many times must I say it. I must say I am having lots of fun invading your board. teehee

Thank for the explanations as to the silliness going on!... lol

Look at the animal towels this way... say you cunardians were on a carnival ship and heaven forbid you couldn't get your room steward to bring you fresh towels... Do not fear for fresh towels are there... Just dismantle your towel elephant and wala.... clean and fresh towels... look the bright side....

the towel animals are cute and you all know it.... jealous is what you are of the towel animals.... lol... :D

Archived