Robes in cabins for fuller gals?

ttadpole

I agree, the robes only come in one size. Many 'fuller' passengers say they aren't large enough for them, but there isn't much you can do about it. It's one of those 'One size fits MOST' things. You might want to pack one to take along with you if there is a question it might not fit.

We had 2 sizes on our last cruise. It didn't specify a size but one was much bigger. DH got stuck with the small one that was really small with shorter arms, etc. He requested a bigger one and the stewart brought another that was the same small size. (He's not big) We usually get one like the one I had and they fit fine. (I'm fuller too) So if it's REALLY small, there may be a bigger size.

I can only tell you from my experience on another line(NCL) that the robe they gave me at the spa was so not one size fits ALL. I am not the largest woman in the world and it didn't even touch in front. I kept my undergarments and my shorts on until I made it to my massage room. It was a bit offputting, standing around like that while everyone else looked so comfy in thwe waiting area.

When I suggested they get larger robes for the larger guests, my masseur proceeded to tell me about his daughter and how she is "pat" too(accented "fat")...lol He is lucky I have a sense of humor and enjoyed telling the tale to all my friends when I got home.

Not sure but I think they're "one size fits all".
"One size fits all" is an incomplete sentence! I'm "fluffy" and I've given up hope of ever finding a hotel/cruise ship/spa robe to fit. I just bring along a pair of lounging jammies and a swimsuit.

Hello,

On our personalizer, I have requested that robes be in the cabin. I am a fuller gal and would like to know if I can request a larger robe.

When you return from your cruise, please let us know how it worked out. Good sailing!

I prefer to bring our own robes packed in carry on. The ones provided in your stateroom are not cotton and not made of the softest material.

When you return from your cruise, please let us know how it worked out. Good sailing!

There was a thread on here at one time that said you could go down to Hotel Services at the pursers desk and ask for a larger robe. I haven't tried that though. I don't wear a robe at home so I don't want them taking up space in my cabin as we tend to overpack a bit:o . I am packing right now as a matter of fact and it is so out of control.

are robes provided in all staterooms?;)

I'm not sure if someone else answered you question, but here goes: Robes on Princess are provided for all cabins on request. To request a robe, check robe in cabin under preferences in the cruise personalizer. Our experience is that checking robe in cabin doesn't always work, in that chase just ask your room attendant the first time you see him or her.. Again, this sometimes takes a second request, but on both our Princess cruises we eventually got robes.

The robes are all one size fits all. However, there is a difference in some of them, though slight. The waffle robes seem smaller and the ones in the spa are really small. We have what they call the deluxe robes in the suites and they are a tad bigger. With that being said, if you are "fluffy" (love that term) they still open up when you sit down. I always bring a little shift or use a coverup.

We just returned from the TP and had 3 robes in our cabin on day one (me, DD and DH)...I am a bit 'fluffy' also and they all fit exactly the same - fine standing up, but way overexposed when sitting....I just sat or layed on the bed and used a bath towel to cover the 'gap'....the labels say "One size fits all" - but we know thats a lie!!!:(

Better off just bringing your own light robe that packs as easily as a night gown. I have one that is permanently packed in my luggage and goes wherever I go. I find the waffle robes too short and the terry ones too heavy. They fit me but just not comfortable, IMHO.

Archived