St-Martin on our own, please help plan our day

LaPetiteNancy

MisterBill99 sounds like you have a nice plan I'm not that far yet.

I have a question for everyone, we arrive at 3pm and leave at 11pm Explorer

Yikes, that is terrible -- I don't feel so bad about being there on Sunday anymore! And yes, I do have a plan, because we were really looking forward to returning to SXM after our visit the last time. I actually did not have ANY plans the last time, I actually was considering taking the ship tour to the butterfly farm and Marigot before looking at some posts and deciding almost at the last minute to rent a car. I got off the ship as soon as we docked and rented a car. This time I am better prepared, although I wonder if I wouldn't be able to get a better rate just walking up.

I heard back from the person at the Belgian chocolate place. The reply is interesting (and somewhat sad) so I figured I would post it here:

Hi Bill, Of course, if there is any ship in port, I am open on sunday from 10:00 till 16:00 as well, running between workroom and shop ;-) in chocolate as usually.

Downtown parking might not be that funny but on sundays you might have a chance at the parking lot behind Back Street in Front of Liteline, at the side of First Caribbean Bank, from there you just cross Back street and enter our Gate to Old Street.

The French Side is really dead, it is a pity and burden for our island.

But crying does not change this Euro/Dollar situation....and the world economy.

I also dismissed two employees and had to close down my other branch.

we'll be visiting this island on a sunday in march. can somebody please recommend a village or two that can give one an idea of life on st. martin/marteen? or any other typical place....not a beach, nor restaurant, nor hotel. thank you.

Archived