Interesting coupon from Princess

dakrewser

In today's mail, a letter and mail-back coupon from Princess (with whom I've never sailed) which appears to be going out to Mariners, but might also have a geographic reference. In a nutshell, reserve any Princess 2005 cruise before Sept. 30, mail in the coupon and get a per day, per passenger on board credit. $10 for inside or outside cabins, $15 for balconies and mini-suites. For a 7-day cruise, that's $140-$210/cabin, for a 10-day its $200-300, for a 14-day it would be $280-420, etc.

Quite a deal!

I got one of these letters/offers too...I did wonder why...since I had never sailed with them before. It's quite a nice little extra incentive if you had been planning to sail with them in the near future anyway. But I'm leaning towards trying to sail on other HAL ships that I haven't sailed with yet and getting closer to my 100 days of sailing medallion!

Happy sailing!

Would love to know where I could get one! I've cruised 3 times with Princess & just booked another for July 26,2005; Pacific Princess Beijing to Bangkok. If you aren't using your coupon, could you send it along to me? Dakrewser, you and I are neighbors. I live in Palo Alto! E-mail me if that would be a possibility at sprovo@apr.com

Thanks!

Suzie

Would love to know where I could get one! I've cruised 3 times with Princess & just booked another for July 26,2005; Pacific Princess Beijing to Bangkok. If you aren't using your coupon, could you send it along to me? Dakrewser, you and I are neighbors. I live in Palo Alto! E-mail me if that would be a possibility at sprovo@apr.com

Thanks!

Suzie

I'll let you know as soon as we decide whether or not to take them up on it, neighbor :)

Although we are Mariners and get lots of brochures from HAL and Princess, we didn't get the coupon either. My SIL contacted the Mariner Society about getting one, but they didn't seem to know anything about it.

If anyone has a coupon they aren't going to use, we would certainly appreciate getting it and would be happy to pay for mailing costs. My email is aleta@ev1.net.

Kathy

I have not gotten one so far and hope I don't. I sailed with them one and never again. To put it mildly it was the "Cruise from Hell" I have asked them not to send me any advertisement but they continue to do so. They always go straight in the trash unopened.

I will open this one and forward to someone else if I get it as someone might as well take advantage

Sadly, I have just contacted Princess, and they said the coupon is not transferrable. So, the lucky people who got them are the only ones who can use them...I asked them to send me one, but they said they couldn't. In the 10+ cruises I have been on (Celebrity,HAL,Princess, RCCL,Carnival) I have NEVER had a coupon tht was applicable to the dates I was sailing. Very frustrating!!

Suzie

I have NEVER had a coupon tht was applicable to the dates I was sailing. Very frustrating!!
That's always been the case with us, too. The deals that are sent virtually never fit into what we can do. The window of opportunity is so narrow it just doesn't work. Of course, that's probably by design. They want you to believe they offer the best deals ... but they can't afford for too many to take advantage of them.

I don't doubt that the Princess representative that Susieque contacted did tell her that the coupon is not transferable, but we have occasionally been given misinformation by the cruise customer service representatives as to certain promotions and later found out that we could use them. So could those who have the coupon please look at it and see if it says it is non-transferable or has some other unique identifier such as their name, Mariner Society number or Captain's Circle number on it? Most of these types of coupons only have a promotion code on them.

While it isn't that unusual for coupons or promotions to be only applicable to certain sailings, it is a little more unusual for a promotion to only be good for specific individuals and it really might not be the case, contrary to what Susique was told. Anyway, if there is nothing on the coupon with a unique identifier or a specific limitation stating that it is non-transferable, I would certainly be willing to try to see if it would be accepted.

Kathy

If anyone has a coupon they aren't going to use, we would certainly appreciate getting it and would be happy to pay for mailing costs. My email is aleta@ev1.net.

Kathy

Unfortunately, it's not transferable, it has my name & address imprinted on it and it specifically states that it only applies to those who receive the mailing. And, while it doesn't specifically say so, the wording of the accompanying letter ("As a seasoned traveller..." and its signed by "Judy McConnell, Manager, Loyalty Programs") implies that it's for Mariner society members who've never sailed on Princess.

Thanks dakrewser, for checking your coupon and posting the information. Apparently this IS a promotion targeted to specific individuals. It is unfortunate that Princess has elected not to encourage those who have sailed with them before to book with them again with such a promotion.

Kathy

Archived