Tour from Tauranga to Rotorua/Maori Culture

Moets

We took ours through Princess and had a great time on it It was more of a geological tour of the Waimangu Volcanic Valley/Waiotapu Thermal area, along with an afternoon cruise on the lake and a great lunch. They did also include a Maori show and an introduction to their culture. The hiking was moderate and we felt well worth the money spent on it.

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We're booked with Idigenous Trails in March. The choices and Maori leadership led us to them. Service and interactions have been terrific. If you are going after us, I will be happy to report when we return.

I just booked the Maori Culture tour for Jan 5, 2008. My daughter and I will be on the Mercury Sydney-Auckland trip for Christmas and New Years.:)

Do you have any information on how to go to the tour, and back? Will they be picking up up dockside?

Thanks for any information you might have already!

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend Supa Travel Express. Owner Des who is Maori himself took us on this AMAZING tour to Rotorua. He showed us a lot more along the way there and back. His tour dropped us back to the ship at 9pm instead of 5pm and he still charged us the same. Would not take anymore money. Lovely man.

We spent an incredible day with Mount Classic Tours and got to see the cultural center and oh so much more. You can read about our tour and see pictures at our website www.thepreismans.com .

Mike - we read your writeup a while back and used it to help plan our NZ-AUS Statendam cruise (got back last week). Thanks much!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived