2 for 1 Cruise Deals

want2cruiseagain

I got one like that for a no name ship I never heard of and would have had to go to Ft. Lauderdale. The cruise of course you paid the full rate to get the 2 for 1, then they wanted to sign us up for extra value hotels I didnt want. It was a come on.

the only legit ones are Oceania or very very expensive cruises that I would do....not one on a no name cruiseline that Id have to go to a different port, not worth what you would save, which is basically $0 savings. Its just a way to sell the cruises....if its like the one they tried to sign me up for.

We got a 2 for 1 when we signed up for our wedding tuxes. The cruise is on NCL and we chose the Pride of Hawaii on 11/26. We just made final payment.

They aren't the "best" deals ever. Ours used brochure prices for the "2 for 1" which were way higher than what you could find online. However, we were able to get a balcony room for the price of an oceanview.

At some point I was frustrated because I inquired about the possibility of an upsell/upgrade, and they said it was not possible.

So far it's worked out fairly well, the prices for balconies have dropped from what we paid, but we did not get any sort of reiumbursement. That's fine. With port taxes and fees it's only within like $12 of the price we paid, so I don't really care. I would have been mad if it would have dropped $100's though! I was really watching the prices! :D

I was kind of annoyed that we were "stuck" in our category with no chance of being reimbursed should a better price come along. So, all in all, it worked out fine, the TA we are working with is nice, but we basically could have booked it ourself for the same price and had more possibilities of upsells/etc. In the future I will book on my own.

If I were you I would find out the info or small print and go from there!

Do these 2 for 1 cruises include port tax and federal taxes? And how do you get to the ship? We have found good bargains by just looking for them. Paid $299, 7 days, Costa, BALCONY cabin on deck 9; $449, 10 days, Princess, inside, deck 9! And have other GOOD prices.

We just got our e-docs for our 2 for 1 cruise!

::: Doing doc dance:::

They price they quote on the phone will include all taxes and fees. For us, it ended up being cheaper than an online website but I wouldn't say that was neccessarily always the case! :eek:

It's definitely NOT always 2 for 1... more like a balcony for the price of an oceanview, if you are lucky.

Ours ended up working out but I think in the future I will stay with a more well-known TA, website, or book direct. With the 2 for 1, no chance of being upgraded! :mad: At least, that is what I was told...

Archived