Navigator vs. Marnier

jenni belle

Last fall, we sailed on Navigator and I fell in love. What a ship! Since then, I've decided it must be Radiance class or higher! We sailed on Vision in the pas, and while it was great, it could in no way compare to how much I fell in love with Navigator.

We'll be sailing Mariner come March and was just curious if anyone has been on both. I've learned that Mariner is younger than Navigator and was wondering how the two compared. What did you think?

Also, I can't find out for sure if there is a Chops onboard Mariner. Does anyone know? Some places I see that there is one, while others tell me that she only hosts Portifino. I would most love to revisit Chops. By far one of the best steaks I've ever eaten!

Thanks in advance!

Hello:

I have sailed both and yes MOS has Chops. They are the same size ship but that's about it for me.We enjoyed both cruises and met wonderful people but Navigator holds my heart. She just is a prettier ship and as I always post...she is "magical". I'm sailing her again for Christmas!

When you said you fell in love with her I do understand as my DD and I are also. Captain & Mrs. Bang are two of the kindest people I have ever met. Very special.

I did not get that feeling while on MOS but of course, enjoyed our cruise. We are booked on LOS next April but I have a feeling we will always be returning to NOS!

Enjoy your cruise!

Just returned from Mariner. It was a great cruise. However, it didn't seem to be as classy in design as the Navigator. We didn't care for the artwork around the ship. It in no way had any type of bearing on what type of cruise we had. We thoroughly enjoy the Royal Promenade on both ships, with the shops, Promenade Cafe, and other stores, alcohol tasting in the Promenade the first night, and the "sales" down the middle of the promenade during the evening hours. The parades are really great too, don't miss them.

Yes, Mr. & Mrs. Bang are a hoot. Great captain and wife. Mr. Per, our captain on the Mariner was neat too. The Navigator solarium was prettier too than the Mariner. These were a couple of differences IMHO. They were both great cruises, and I would go on either ship again in a heartbeat!

Just returned from Mariner. It was a great cruise. However, it didn't seem to be as classy in design as the Navigator. We didn't care for the artwork around the ship.

When I came back from our cruise on Mariner I had the same feeling about the art work aboard her. I described the stuff in the forward stair well as a catastrope that had no place on a ship of her stature.

I guess I would be concerned about reading sites that tell you Mariner has only Portofino. What other info do they tell you that's wrong?

We love Mariner. Portofino has the best filet mignon, but Chops has a lot of different steaks. My choice always would be Portofino, but others in my family would choose Chops.

Enjoy Mariner!

Last fall, we sailed on Navigator and I fell in love. What a ship! Since then, I've decided it must be Radiance class or higher! We sailed on Vision in the pas, and while it was great, it could in no way compare to how much I fell in love with Navigator.

We'll be sailing Mariner come March and was just curious if anyone has been on both. I've learned that Mariner is younger than Navigator and was wondering how the two compared. What did you think?

Also, I can't find out for sure if there is a Chops onboard Mariner. Does anyone know? Some places I see that there is one, while others tell me that she only hosts Portifino. I would most love to revisit Chops. By far one of the best steaks I've ever eaten!

Thanks in advance!

Navigator is very special. That being said as much as we love her we do want to experience Mariner before she goes to the west coast. Good luck and happy cruising!:)

Wow, interesting thread! We have been on both, loved them both and did not feel there were that many differences.

We have been on the Mariner 3X (soon to be 4, plus one more scheduled before she leaves the right coast) and 1X time on Navigator. For us, Port Canaveral has been much easier/cheaper to get to than Fort Lauderdale. In addition, Captain Johnny is wonderful! That said, we would go on Navigator in a heartbeat!!

Finally, to add my two cents, I will confirm that there are definately two specialty restaurants, Chops and Portofino.

Archived