Culinary Delights of Curacao

rae

Angelique,

I am glad to see you join the board and offer information about your cooking class.

Do you have a regular menu - or does that vary?

We will be in port on the 4th of March. Have you preplanned what will be offered that day?

Thank you - Theresa

Hi Theresa,

thank you for choosing us for your excursion on Curacao.

We have a regular menu; one week we will have Jerk Chicken as the main dish and the other week we have Salt Cod Stew (which we will may less salty).

We have to see what the market brings. Curacao imports more that 90% of the food and we are very dependent on what is available. Still, we at Angelica's Kitchen do our utmost to give you an enjoyable Culinary Delight.

Theresa, we don't preplan yet. See you on the 4th of March.

Greetings,

Angelique

Angelica's Kitchen

Thank you everyone for the great info. We are going to sign up for Angelica's Kitchen. Our cruise is the end of Feb. After hearing all the comments, I think it would really be a fun thing to do. We would still have time to see some of the sites in town before returning to the ship.

Also thank you Angelica for your personal attention.

Jania

Angelique

Thank you for your input on this thread. What a personal touch. My husband and I are booked for the Culinary Delights excursion on March 20th and we are really looking forward to meeting you.

Neil & Muriel :)

• 2 months later...

We returned from our March cruise on the Galaxy and just wanted to say how much we enjoyed the excursion "Culinary Delights of Curacao". We had so much fun, met so many nice people, and most important learned to make some very delicious dishes. The menu the day we were there was cucumber/tomatoe salsa, sardine turnovers (hesitant about these but they were delicious), sweet potato/plantain soup, jerk chicken and pumpkin pancakes for dessert. The lady that taught the class was very personable and her staff were very helpful. We would highly recommend this excursion for anyone who loves to cook or even just loves to eat. It was great!!

Muriel

• 4 weeks later...

I'm considering a land vacation to Curacao, but the sites I visited looking for information weren't nearly as informative as the Cruise Critic forum. I would never have known about the Culinary excursion without this board.

I was also very impressed that the Tourism Board monitors the forum, and Angelique is taking the comments with grace and professionalism. I will be contacting her to see if I can make a reservation without going through a cruise line.

Thanks again, especially to those who gave detailed reviews.

• 2 months later...

My name is Nancy and I was on the Galaxy in March and did this excursion as well,

Hi Neil and Muriel...!!!

I thought it was a blast and a great way to spend time off the ship. Loved the food and culture. This month we are planning a caribbean style BBQ and looking forward to making some great dishes for our friends...

Would REALLY recommend this to anyone! :)

I just returned a few days ago from our AOS cruise. I took this cooking class last week with 24 complete strangers from our ship and I just loved it! My family went on a Curacao Dune Buggy tour and I cooked with my new friends. The class was very well organized and it was a lovely day! I cook a lot (I have even authored a cookbook) and I found this class to be very interesting and relaxing. I learned a lot about plantains, South American yams, and a new way to make Jerk Chicken. The house and porch was great to cook and dine in! I may do it again next time I am in Curacao! Angelique plans to open "Angelica's Delights" in a house across the street - seving French pastries and champagne. I wish her well. I'm sure it will be wonderful!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I have not been on the site for a while.

Thank you for all your wonderful comments, I am glad you enjoy your time at Angelica's Kitchen and with my wonderful staff, Clarita, Magali, Annet and Chichi.

I have been very busy with the start of my new Angelica's Delights across the street of Angelica's Kitchen and we are now open since September 9.

It is a Patisserie & Champagne Bar; I make French pastries with a Caribbean flavor and we have a wonderful collection of French Champagnes and Italian sparkling wines (to start with).

This first month has been great, I am working very hard and I love it.

I hope you have the time to drop in.

Angelique Schoop

Angelica's Kitchen and Angelica's Delights

www.angelicas-kitchen.com

and soon www.angelicasdelights.com

I recently returned from the Sept. 25 sailing of AOS, and I LOVED this excursion! I'm a beach-lover and not much of a cook, so I wasn't sure how I'd like it. But I am so glad that I decided to try something different! Clarita was wonderful! She made the cooking fun and easy. The lunch was a terrific experience. It was so nice to sit out on the back porch and learn a little about the island and get to know some of my fellow cruisers. I even made the hidden sardines with "spicy onion pickle" for my family, and everyone went nuts for it! I know it sounds strange, but I promise you, it's delicious! I had a great time on this excursion and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Clarita- Thank you for a wonderful afternoon! I will definitely book this excursion again the next time I cruise to Curacao. And I do a Caribbean cruise every year, so I'm sure you'll see me again someday!

• 10 months later...

I'm bringing this thread back to life, as it contains lots of good information and it's hard to find on this cooking class. I'd love to do this while in Curacao on our cruise in November, but am having difficulty getting info. It is not currently offered by Norwegian as an excursion and I haven't gotten a satisfactory answer to whether or not this can be booked independently. It sounds like tons of fun and definitely different.

So, anyone who has done this class apart from the cruise line offerings, please chime in!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm bringing this thread back to life, as it contains lots of good information and it's hard to find on this cooking class. I'd love to do this while in Curacao on our cruise in November, but am having difficulty getting info. It is not currently offered by Norwegian as an excursion and I haven't gotten a satisfactory answer to whether or not this can be booked independently. It sounds like tons of fun and definitely different.

So, anyone who has done this class apart from the cruise line offerings, please chime in!

I would also like to know this as we will be there on the Noordam next May and HAL do not offer this. I suppose it depends if there is another ship in port which does this as an excursion.

I have looked on the website and it appears to offer cooking classes in the evening but, although we sail at 11pm, it ends too late.

There is something called 'The Cooking Experience' but it doesn't give a lot of information about this.

I will try emailing to see if I can find out anything else. If I do I will post here

You can book it independently, but there must be a minimum of 8 people to do the cooking class. We were unable to get that amount for our cruise in a couple of weeks, so we are doing the walking tour and shopping with Clarita, and then lunch at a restaurant. Not as fun, but might be good. We will make sure and post a review when we return home.

Happy Sailing!

You can book it independently, but there must be a minimum of 8 people to do the cooking class. We were unable to get that amount for our cruise in a couple of weeks, so we are doing the walking tour and shopping with Clarita, and then lunch at a restaurant. Not as fun, but might be good. We will make sure and post a review when we return home.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks for that info. We have a long way to go yet :( I will see if I can drum up any interest on our rollcall.

Archived