Customs Question?

makeup face

My guess would be when ever you set foot in US?

There are several places where you actually go through US immigration and customs before you board the plane, not when you land in the US . The US has placed inspectors at foreign airports for that purpose (several airports in Canada, Ireland, etc). I do not know if Acapulco is one of those airports or not though.

There are several places where you actually go through US immigration and customs before you board the plane, not when you land in the US . The US has placed inspectors at foreign airports for that purpose (several airports in Canada, Ireland, etc). I do not know if Acapulco is one of those airports or not though.

This service is not available in Mexico. In Canada yes, Mexico no.

Agree w/the previous posters - you will go thru customs as soon as you set foot in the U.S. We will be changing planes in Houston (frm ACA) & that is where we will go thru customs...not our final destination. This has been the procedure each time we've returned from Europe & So.Pac and I don't anticipate any change.:)

Agree w/the previous posters - you will go thru customs as soon as you set foot in the U.S. We will be changing planes in Houston (frm ACA) & that is where we will go thru customs...not our final destination. This has been the procedure each time we've returned from Europe & So.Pac and I don't anticipate any change.:)

Thanks for the information.....that's what I kinda thought:) Flying into LAX...I hope I won't have to change planes.

If you're embarking in Acapulco, where are you disembarking? I'm a little confused.

Usually, not always, you go through Customs and Immigration at the first U.S. city if you disembark at a U.S. port, or U.S. airport, even if you are in transit to another destination.

Thanks for the information.....that's what I kinda thought:) Flying into LAX...I hope I won't have to change planes.

Your comment is confusing. If flying from Acapulco to LAX, then you would go through customs in LAX. But if you are flying into say Fort Worth, and then on to LAX you would go through customs in Fort Worth and transfer to a domestic flight for the leg to LAX (and you would have to change planes).

If you're embarking in Acapulco, where are you disembarking? I'm a little confused.

Usually, not always, you go through Customs and Immigration at the first U.S. city if you disembark at a U.S. port, or U.S. airport, even if you are in transit to another destination.

I'm embarking in San Juan PR....cruising the Panama Canal....so there are no U.S. cities in between..I'm debarking in Acapulco.....hope this helps with your confusion:)

I'm embarking in San Juan PR....cruising the Panama Canal....so there are no U.S. cities in between..I'm debarking in Acapulco.....hope this helps with your confusion:)

No confusion. The first US City you stop at (on your way back to the US from Mexico) will be your Immigration/Customs Checkpoint.

Your comment is confusing. If flying from Acapulco to LAX, then you would go through customs in LAX. But if you are flying into say Fort Worth, and then on to LAX you would go through customs in Fort Worth and transfer to a domestic flight for the leg to LAX (and you would have to change planes).

I'm not sure what you are confused about....The question was "if you're flying back to the US after debarking in Acapulco.....when and where do you go through customs?" A VERY simple question.....in years past there were US Customs agents stationed in key airports. I have not debarked in a non US port since September 11......so I wanted to know how customs is handle now.

I don't have my flight information so I have no idea if it will be a non stop flight to LAX or not...Los Angeles is my final destination.

I believe I have all my questions answered.

Archived