Has anything frightened you on a cruise?

HNicoleL

Seeing someone I met on this board (we didn't have enough for an official M and M, but a few of us met for drinks earlier in the week) pull out her flosser in the Windjammer and proceed to floss her teeth while we were chit-chatting.....Eeeewww!!!

Walking down the hall to our cabin and coming in the opposite direction a rather robust guy in those shorts made out of sweat pants material. He decided they needed to to pulled up to his chin and we got a great view of his boys.:eek:

I've never been able to look at a hard boiled egg the same way again.;)

Walking down the hall to our cabin and coming in the opposite direction a rather robust guy in those shorts made out of sweat pants material. He decided they needed to to pulled up to his chin and we got a great view of his boys.:eek:

ROTFLMAO.... :D :D :D

Coming down from having a few drinks one night we stepped off the elevator, rounded the corner to enter the hallway and there in front of us - headed straight toward us - was a group of teens leapfrogging down the hallway!!!:eek: ...............

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! I love these boards, sometimes they really make a bad day turn out ok at the end of the night! :D The visual is freaking hilarious!!!!:D

I have a funny/serious one. Early this month on Splendour, we were in the Viking Crown Lounge around 2am with another couple and the ship gently listed to one side, and stayed there! Now, we'd all had a bit to drink but it was pretty obvious we weren't imagining it. I tend to be a nervous nelly and it was only worse when our friend (a senior officer in the Navy, no less) said "That's not normal, is it?" I was like, "You're in the Navy!" (as is my H) but they are both doctors who have done no sea duty. LOL about that one! We never did hear what it was. I'd say it lasted at least a minute and then went back to normal.

I've been irrationally frightened on my first cruise. We were on an inside cabin, 2nd floor, near the front of the boat. The weather had been not horrible but not great either, and we could hear a lot of crashing and banging and we rocked a lot. I woke up from a nightmare and cried and cried asking my boyfriend if it was going to be this way the whole time. I must've looked like an incredible baby. lol

Last year,we were in the middle of a b2b and still on the ship by the pool when this 70+ year old guy came past ,and he was wearing speedo's, which were pulled up waaay too far:eek: , for anyone else's comfort, maybe just as well there were only about 15 of us by the pool at that time, and no children around.

Oh my, did that really happen!?

Yes, it really did. We were on the Serenade of the Seas (the first time we were on her) and this idiot had a fight with his wife. He decided to jump in front of everyone. He was one of the lucky ones, they fished him out but it took some time to find him.

He and his wife were kicked off in St. Thomas the next day.

:eek:

At least she was on a beach - this guy was wandering through the centre of Dubrovnik, filming the sights, in the middle of the day in the height of summer

That guy actually looks better than the speedo guy I saw on the Mariner in June. Add another 50 lbs and change the speedo to a too light grey. his belly hung over the front of the suit so much, it was hard to tell if the suit actually was there:eek:

That guy actually looks better than the speedo guy I saw on the Mariner in June. Add another 50 lbs and change the speedo to a too light grey. his belly hung over the front of the suit so much, it was hard to tell if the suit actually was there:eek:

But was he wandering around a city - in and out of churches and historic buildings dressed like that ;) :(

How 'bout being woken up at 2:30 am to a spotlight shining in your oceanview cabin and this sound . . . turned out it was a Coast Guard helicopter that was picking up an ill passenger (a 19-year old's appendix burst) and taking him to Guantanamo for emergency medical treatment.

Yep, I can't begin to tell you what that sounds like out of a deep sleep!

Carnival Paradise, Thanksgiving 2004 (no helicopter pad on that ship, so they dropped the basket, moved away from the ship, medical personnel loaded the guy on the basket, then the helicopter moved back in to lift the basket).

Archived