Has anything frightened you on a cruise?

HNicoleL

Walking down the hall to our cabin and coming in the opposite direction a rather robust guy in those shorts made out of sweat pants material. He decided they needed to to pulled up to his chin and we got a great view of his boys.:eek:

I've never been able to look at a hard boiled egg the same way again.;)

roflmao :p

Walking all alone at the bow of the ship late at night where it was very dark because there were no lights up there and suddenly hearing the theme from The X Files over the loudspeaker!! (NCL Windward before they stretched the ship and shortened the name.)

Other than some of my fellow pasengers????? :eek: :eek: :D :D

I'm not a good looking person and don't usually make fun of people based on their looks, but this lady looked like Jabba the hut with a blonde straw wig and she had a scowl to match it that never changed the entire week. She was at the next table in the dining room.

:eek:

At least she was on a beach - this guy was wandering through the centre of Dubrovnik, filming the sights, in the middle of the day in the height of summer

Had an after thought, why did she bother with that little pad in the front. I don't recall if I showed that to DH, I better not, we have a cruise coming up in a year. :eek:

this one is serious, on the splendour when in 2001 during the caribbean beach party on deck there was a man who was filming all the little kids dancing around and he didn't have any kids with him on the ship. we parents notified security and they made him stop.

and my hubby in a bra during quest

hkmom

On the Mariner of the Seas we were strolling on the upper decks and noticed a commotion near the railing. Three 20 something drunk guys were hanging from the railing on the OUTSIDE and laughing. Their also drunk friends really thought this was a hoot. Being the old mom that I am, I tried to encourage them to come back in and told them that if they fell they would die. This only brought on more laughter. We quickly found a staff member to get them off the railing. It is amazing how stupid people can get when they overindulge.

TWICE I have been frightened.

On NCL, the guy was beating his wife. He threw her against the wall one night. We could hear it cause the walls were that thin. We could hear glass shattering and her crying. We called security 2 nights in a row. Like the morons they are, they waited an hour and then stopped at OUR cabin to tell us they didn't hear anything. :rolleyes: Well no kidding, a guy usually doesn't beat his wife for an hour straight.

The 2nd time, MUCH worse. Our youngest caught a virus on Disney Magic, stopped breathing, started seizing and had to be medically evacuated. She was 8 MONTHS old. :eek:

Nothing will make me as scared as that week on Magic.

It was about midnight. I was in bath taking a shower and heard our cabin door open. DW was in bed reading, and I thought she had just checked the door for the night. Next I hear is a man's voice demanding to know what she was doing in his room! Turned out it was an old guy from the next corridor, who was gone by the time I got out of the shower. I had checked the door before - it was properly latched. The Three Stooges Security (one of whom spoke intelligible English) was, of course, slow to respond and more interested in telling me it was our fault, not having closed the door properly, etc. (Yes, they checked the guy's door key card code, and it was not identical.) What I later discovered was that if you pulled slightly on the door handle from the outside and just jiggled it a bit, the "locked" door would open about 4 of 5 times. Called the front desk...and it never was fixed, to my knowledge. Still did it the day we disembarked. Never a reply to a letter to RCL, either. "Ship security" is apparently an oxymoron.

On our 9/2/2007 Freedom of the Seas cruise, the ship tilted 5 degrees during a storm for about 5 - 7 minutes until the Captain could steer into the wind. I could herd people shouting in the hallways and I was ready myself to grab lifejackets.

It was scary, even the the tilt was not that severe. Once I heard the Captains's calm voice on the loudspeaker after he righted the ship, I felt much better.

Walking all alone at the bow of the ship late at night where it was very dark because there were no lights up there and suddenly hearing the theme from The X Files over the loudspeaker!! (NCL Windward before they stretched the ship and shortened the name.)

I get the shivers just thinking about that. I wonder if it was intentional, someone seeing you on a security camera and deciding to have a little fun?:eek:

The smokers with the oxygen bottles, and some of the bathing suits.

You're kidding right? C'mon... it's idiotic enought to smoke with O2 at home but on a cruise ship and endanger the lives of 4,000 people? I would be throwing an absolute fit....... people's 'rights' have to end somewhere.....

My hubby doesn't appreciate all the what he calls "whale watching".

The scariest thing I have happen, other than the bill at the end is having to leave at all and come back to reality.

I get the shivers just thinking about that. I wonder if it was intentional, someone seeing you on a security camera and deciding to have a little fun?:eek:

Never thought of that. I don't recall hearing X Files music on any other cruise, though!

The thought of the cruise ending and having to get off and return to home and job. Not to mention being forced to leave my cabin attendant and dining room staff onboard.

A verrrry weak 2nd .... not finding a chair at the pool.

We had 35 foot seas which the captain thought was mild but in which I threw up everything I'd eaten in the previous decade.

The ship was pitching so much that our cabin drawers and doors kept banging open and shut for about 8 hours. I made the mistake of looking out the window at one point and was pretty frightened at the angle of the ship.

Apparently, that was a normal, easy crossing but I was not convinced. Loved that trip, though.

On my first cruise (Carnival Victory), the first night, I noticed the ship was rocking. I was asking people all around me if it was normal. But by the end of the week, I didn't notice it and when I got to shore it felt weird cause I hyad my sea legs. Has anyone else noticed that the ship tends to rock more at night? Is it because it is at a higher speed?

Archived