Dinner reservations for suite guests

mina

But we will be on it in June 2008, using the Open Seating plan. As we have a child, I expect we will often eat in the 6-7pm range, and I do find it a little disappointing (but hardly earthshattering) that it is looking like we won't be able to reserve, say, a window table with another couple-with-same-age-child for a 6:00 pm dining slot.

But I'm sure we'll manage :).

When you get on the ship, why not go and see the maitre'd and make such a request?? It never hurts to ask. If you aren't able to it a table with another couple and a child near the same age of yours, maybe you can at least request the same table each evening. That way you will get to know the waiter and his assistant and they will know what your child needs each evening.

But we will be on it in June 2008, using the Open Seating plan. As we have a child, I expect we will often eat in the 6-7pm range, and I do find it a little disappointing (but hardly earthshattering) that it is looking like we won't be able to reserve, say, a window table with another couple-with-same-age-child for a 6:00 pm dining slot.

But I'm sure we'll manage :).

Why not request early Traditional Dining with the description you presented here? You don't have to request AYW...... they still will offer Early or Main Traditional Dining. I think Early Traditional Dining is still at 5:45 P.M. That should work perfectly for you.

We also requested traditional early dining for our March trip on the Ryndam and were told it was already booked. As we have a "S" cabin we are hoping we can change this once on board. I wonder if HAL is saving the traditional dining spaces for large groups? If so that is hardly fair, but I learned a long time ago life is rarely fair.

we were told the same thing when we booked a trip a few months in advance; however, they said that as soon as we paid, we would get a priority and that we should be able to get traditional seating - which is exactly what happened ... all thru our TA though

harry

Why not request early Traditional Dining with the description you presented here? You don't have to request AYW...... they still will offer Early or Main Traditional Dining. I think Early Traditional Dining is still at 5:45 P.M. That should work perfectly for you.

One of the early dinings was closed, and the really early one was waitlisted. If we want to eat at 5:45 each day, then I think from all the above that we CAN get a reservation, so that won't be an issue. I really have no idea what our hunger schedule will be like.

We do, however, need to deal with allergy issues, so it might end up being a good idea to have the same waiter every night.

I think I'll just wait a few months and see what others are saying about AYW.

Archived