What special touches do you want in your cabin?

melissa@cruisecritic

If I were creating a cruise cabin, I'd most want these special touches:  

4,773 members have voted

1. 1. If I were creating a cruise cabin, I'd most want these special touches:

• Cotton balls, emory boards, Q-tips
    • Handheld steamer
    • Bathrooms with dual sinks
    • Real plants
    • In-cabin coffeemakers
    • Aromatherapy steam showers
    • Hair dryer menu
    • Adjustable lighting with dimmers
    • Key card storage shelf in entryway
    • iPod docking station

What is a soap menu? A toilet paper menu? A towel menu? A hair dryer menu?:confused: I'm not sure where I've been but maybe I need to cruise more often! -Eileen

Sleep number beds would be the one thing I'd love - O and better chocolates (and more of them) on the pillow. Actually, I'd settle for one really good truffle - perhaps a different flavor each night. That way I'd have a choice of two - my DH usually offers me his;).

adjustable lighting and magnifying mirror would be very helpful

A definite yes on this one! I really miss my mirror when I travel. I bring a small one but it is just not the same. I complain about the mirror situation to my DH every time we cruise.

I would love to have an iPod docking station in the rooms...especially when we have a balcony cabin, we spend so much time relaxing in our cabin that this would be a great addition. We have them in our hotel now and the guests love them....ooooohhh that would be a great addition!

"GEORGE CLOONEY"

ps. Who really needs toilet paper animals? I mean, for what?

Maybe no one should answer that.

I was being cheeky. I don't particularly care for the towel animals either... but I know some people are wild about them. So, why not fold the bottom portion of the roll into a cute animal instead of just folding up the corners? =P

Well, I'm with HammerTyme - I must be simple too because I'd like the extra outlets, by the bed, in the bathroom and the desk. I'd love a DVD player but that's for the little ones to be amused, I just don't watch that much TV on a cruise. The coffee is ok for me, I don't need it specialized and if I want it in the morning I can walk up a deck or two to get it or call room service.

Its been a long time since I've been in anything but a mini suite (I've been in an inside and balcony a long time ago) so I have to go with today's experience cos I'm simply too old to remember the other configuration. I've sailed other lines but primarily Princess. We have plenty of storage space under the bed, the bathroom is ok size, closet and drawers hold all my clothes, I bring my clock and my own curling iron and hair dryer. There is a space under the sink to leave all the bathroom junk (hair spray etc).

I would not like an IPOD station or a coffee pot. The desks are small enough without having half of it taken up by stuff I'm not going to use. I would end up asking the steward to remove it so I had space for what I wanted to put on the desk thus creating more work for them. I would charge my phone, camera etc.

For the ice maker I simply tell my room steward - my first and biggest request for him is to make sure I always have ice, and I do.

I like the fan idea but not sure how it would work. It would have been a wonderful thing to have on the TP last year. The AC just didn't cool the room.

The balcony on a mini usually fits the lounger but a chair is fine and if its that important for me to stretch out I can always go on deck. I prefer just to be on the balcony reading, sipping my drink.

Archived