Free Samsonite Luggage, $75-$100 SBC - $25 SBC for late brochure - What's going on??

GottoCruise

I called Princess today and after being placed on hold for 10 minutes they came back on the line and told me that I had booked my cruise too early to be eligible for the OBC and luggage even though both promotions were both listed as being active.:(

We got the brochure but I never looked at it that closely to see anything about luggage. We did get a letter about the OBC of $25/pp which our TA got for us. Now we had booked 3 cabins and we were hoping to get the credit for all 6 of us, but Princess would not do it.

Now I am going to check out that brochure for the free luggage promo too.

Just curious as to when u booked your cruise? I also got the luggage mailer and i think it is listed on my princess id#ending in 67. I didn't think i would be eligible as i had booked my cruise way before this promo?

I booked my cruise about a month ago - way before the promo.

This is what it said in "My Princess" on Monday:

T0000067 Promotional Campaign 08/21/07 Book By 11/30/07 Active (blank)

T0000068 Promotional Campaign 08/21/07 Book By 11/30/08 Active $75.00 to $100.00

I called Princess CS Monday. The rep explained that “Active” meant I was offered or eligible this promotion. In order to have this applied, I would have to book a cruise.

I told the rep that this was my first cruise with Princess and that this was the second time that I had OBC on my account and then they were taken away. She listened and then put my on hold. She came back and told me she spoke with her supervisor, who she then put on the line.

The supervisor said since the Golden was not full, what she could do was cancel me and then rebook in the same cabin. That way the computer thinks I booked within the time frame.

It took 2 days, but in "My Princess" today the credit number and the earned date changed. So I've got both the luggage and $75 OBC!

BTW T0000067 is for the luggage, that’s why the amount was blank. Oh, and I never got an email or snail mail about this. I just learned about it from these boards and looked in My Princess. Thanks all!

So if these promotions aren't in "My Princess" by now, does that mean they won't be showing up?

I just booked a transatlantic for April 2008 less than 2 weeks ago, as well as a Western Caribbean for my DD and her fiance for their honeymoon in Nov. 2007. Would one of these have qualified for the promotions? Can you get the promotion by calling Princess and inquiring?

We have a family group of 17 on a 2008 Alaska Cruise ----

Only the 1st time cruisers got the Promos ---some got both, some got 1 - and (1) 1st time cruiser got NONE..............those in our group that had prior cruises got none..... (including me).

However, since it's all on my 'dime' I'm happy!!

(FYI - these Promos have nothing to do with the 'late brochure $25 pp credits)

:D Renee (aka GottoCruise)

We had already gotton OBC when we booked in early August for a cruise in January 08 and then today my husband got the brochure phamplet with the samsonite luggage giveaway. I called..they said no we booked too early then I called back and ...they said no we had booked too early. Then I said there is nothing on the info about the luggage about a certain beginning date. Just that you had to book 75 days or more before Nov. 30. Well they did not believe that my husband had even gotten the phamplet and told me I had to fax them a copy of it. What a bunch of interesting nonsense. They said they had no record of sending him one of the phamplets. There was also no info about it in our circle of savings. So, I have faxed them a copy and we are expecting info that he will get the luggage. They said it would take 4-6 weeks so you can be sure I will follow up on it!

It took 2 days, but in "My Princess" today the credit number and the earned date changed. So I've got both the luggage and $75 OBC!

I spoke too soon. The next day Princess called my house and left a message that I could not have both and they gave me and my cabin mate the luggage. One thing we noticed (and I think it was mentioned here) was that it said it was to be delivered on our cruise date. On board ship?

So I called Princess and told them since we couldn’t have both, we’d rather have the OBC. We got $100 each since we have a balcony.

Better than a kick in the pants! :eek:

Does anyone know how long it will take before the promo shows up in the My Princess account. My TA got them to agree to give it to me but it still shows up as active but not confirmed in my account.

Have had our TA try to handle. She has called (they have no idea) so faxed the info (book cruise by 8/24 for $75 credit) booked on 8/28. She has followed up called last week. Said they are still working on it, think that they may have erronously posted this promo and didn't mean too !!! But sill working on it. My account now show this promo if we book a cruise by 10/2!!!!!!!!! Amazing how the date has changed to AFTER our booking date....

Anyone else still having issues with this promo ??

I got the luggage promo but threw it away because I thought it didn't apply to us. The fine print said new bookings only, and we had already booked in July for next summer. It is the same reason I didn't read this thread until today. Now it seems that some people are getting the luggage even if they had booked earlier.

So I called Princess for clarification. The rep asked for my booking number and my Captain's Circle number and said that they could apply the promo to my booking, but my TA would have to call. No problem.

When my TA called they could not verify that I qualified. They wanted my TA to fax a copy of the brochure. Well, too late for that. I'm not sure it is worth pursuing, but it leaves me wondering.

If Princess is going to offer a promo to a selected group, don't you think they'd have a way to keep up with who got it? Even if I still had the brochure but didn't meet the new booking rule, I could cancel and rebook. They know that so why not honor the promo instead of making everyone jump through hoops?

We had already gotton OBC when we booked in early August for a cruise in January 08 and then today my husband got the brochure phamplet with the samsonite luggage giveaway. I called..they said no we booked too early then I called back and ...they said no we had booked too early. Then I said there is nothing on the info about the luggage about a certain beginning date. Just that you had to book 75 days or more before Nov. 30. Well they did not believe that my husband had even gotten the phamplet and told me I had to fax them a copy of it. What a bunch of interesting nonsense. They said they had no record of sending him one of the phamplets. There was also no info about it in our circle of savings. So, I have faxed them a copy and we are expecting info that he will get the luggage. They said it would take 4-6 weeks so you can be sure I will follow up on it!

I already heard from Princess last Friday and they said that I could not have the luggage because I am a past passenger and got that rate. I am sure that I had read someone elses email on this thread that said they were a past passenger and received the luggage. I am wondering if their answers just change to fit a situation? Would love to hear from anyone that is a past passenger and is receiving the luggage,too. They need to get their promotions straightened up before they make more customers angry. I think they are just trying to get out of giving the luggage to anyone and that is certainly bad PR.

Just wanted our friends on Cruise Critic to be aware of what's out there in Promos so everyone could (hopefully) get their share!!!

I am taking my whole family (17 PAX) to Alaska in Aug. 2008 - and my (our) TA is going nuts trying to keep up with all these Princess new Promotions so we can qualify..........:eek:

Hope all is well with you ----Regards, Renee

All I can say is poor Valerie!:confused: ...now I will bug her as well!

Sircruisealott;)

Not sure why but our itinerary says we got the luggage (valued at $375.00)

Did you already get an OBC for your cruise? Are you a past passenger and already got that discount? I am so confused as to how they are distributing the luggage promo and would like for them to give everyone who got the promo etc. how is really works as it seems it is different for every case.

If any others have gotten OBC and past passenger rate and also the luggage I would like to know. Thank you very much!

All I can say is poor Valerie!:confused: ...now I will bug her as well!

Sircruisealott;)

Hey Sircruisealott - How did you know Val was my TA??? - ;) Don't say I told you to call - PLEASE say you read it on CC message board! - (she will 'kill' me for making extra work for her )

Say hello to PIA and her DH for me on the Diamond to Hawaii with you now....:D

Val is STILL working on Princess to get all the Promos for those in our family group that got the Promos noted in their Capt. Circle Accts. ......all the cruise 'virgins' ONLY got promos and it is a MESS trying to get Princess to 'ante up' ! :(

Question for all:

Can anyone tell me for sure whether or not Princess is charging for sending the luggage to your home?? (It definately will be sent to your home 30 days prior to the cruise - my TA confirmed w/Princess)

And the answer is YES!

All in our group that are first time cruisers got the Promo - (some got BOTH Promos) - and besides all got Referral Cruise Credits, Onboard Credits (from Share the Wealth Cert.) and Onboard Credit from our TA.

I'll post when /IF everyone gets the Promos.... :rolleyes:

Renee (aka GotToCruise

We've been on 12 Princess cruises. While on our last cruise, the 12 day Tahitian Princess cruise from Tahiti to Hawaii on 9/1/07 we booked a cruise for 08, a 17 day repositioning cruise. Got the OBC. When we got home about 10 days afterwards got the promotion in the mail called and got the suitcase. Still have OBC.

We've been on 12 Princess cruises. While on our last cruise, the 12 day Tahitian Princess cruise from Tahiti to Hawaii on 9/1/07 we booked a cruise for 08, a 17 day repositioning cruise. Got the OBC. When we got home about 10 days afterwards got the promotion in the mail called and got the suitcase. Still have OBC.

SJ Cruisers -

#1 - Re: Free Luggage - I assume you booked your cruise after the date you 'earned' the Free Luggage Promotion?? - (Princess keeps changing this date - so I don't know really what it is - everyone is different - but you would have had to book AFTER your earned date (or have your booking cancelled and Re-booked to comply.)

#2 - Re: The Credit ID Promotional Campaign OBC - Same restraints as above - I still have no answer as to whether Princess will apply BOTH Promotions (OBC & (LUGGAGE) to the SAME cruise ???

You say you still have the OBC - so it wasn't applied to your Tahitian Cruise? - You just got the Luggage for that cruise? Am I reading this correctly??? You are aware of course that there are many kinds of OBC? On this thread we are discussing the 'Mystery' OBC that appeared in the Capt. Circle account under 'Promotional Campaign'. It appears that OBC was only for first time cruisers - or someone please correct me.......:rolleyes:

Did any previous Princess cruiser get these promotions - and did anyone get BOTH for the same cruise?

Inquiring mind wants to know!!

It appears that OBC was only for first time cruisers - or someone please correct me.......:rolleyes:

Did any previous Princess cruiser get these promotions - and did anyone get BOTH for the same cruise?

Inquiring mind wants to know!!

We sure did not but... last year we got a similar e-mail and were able to get it applied to a cruise that we had already booked but was within the time frame for booking stated in the e-mail. We had to fax a copy of the e-mail and a supervisor had to approve it. It seems these are sent to people who have signed up for e-mails with Princess but have not sailed with them. They found that, for some reason, they'd assigned a Captain's Circle number (one without any sailings) to that e-mail which was not our regular Captain's Circle number ( Elite). They rapidly detached that number so we would not be sent any more promos. At first they were not going to give us the OBC but I used a word similar to "discrimination" and they rapidly changed their mind as long as we sent proof of the e-mail.

I have a question....we received (4 in our family) the $25 credit for the late brochures, which is great. But, on my own personalizer it showed an additional $75 ship board credit. Last week that $75 disappeared from my a/c. I called Princess (TA was on vacation) and they said to wait and check with her, that they didn't know what happened. When TA returned she said she had no record of the $75 credit being there or why it was taken away. Any thoughts?? :confused: Thanks.

I always print it out immediately if I see something like that on my Capt. Circle Acct. - That way I have a record.....

Dates, and ID #'s have been changing a lot for the Goldmine Promotion and the Free Luggage Promotion......and disappearing too.......if you have the print out - you are good to go! :p

It does not matter to Princess if you have a copy of anything. We had the brochure for the luggage and faxed a copy of it to them because they had no record of sending it to us. They said we could not have the luggage because we were past passengers. According to this thread some other people at this site are getting the luggage and are past passengers. What is up with all the changes and not complying to some and yet giving the luggage to others. I am not very pleased with the PR at Princess at this time. They sure need to get their act together and treat everyone equally! I just might fax them again and pursue this discrepancy.

Archived