Malfini Beach - Labadee

hlv71

Don't pay for the excursion...just get to the regular beaches, Hideaway Beach and Dragon's Breath Point Beach both have good snorkeling if you get right up next to the rocks or over the sea grass. The reef coral is making a comeback here, saw big antler coral growing along with anemones and all kinds and colors of fishies last week! Rent your snorkel gear right there for $5. And get there on the first tender so you can claim the shaded hammocks!!;)

Don't pay for the excursion...just get to the regular beaches, Hideaway Beach and Dragon's Breath Point Beach both have good snorkeling if you get right up next to the rocks or over the sea grass. The reef coral is making a comeback here, saw big antler coral growing along with anemones and all kinds and colors of fishies last week! Rent your snorkel gear right there for $5. And get there on the first tender so you can claim the shaded hammocks!!;)

Have you done the excursion?

Seems kind of silly to pay for an excursion, when the entire day on Labadee is included in your cruise fare already! Some say Malfini Beach is beautiful, but Labadee is gorgeous--how can it be better?

If snorkling is what you want to do, you'll be better off at some other port, where snorkling is "acclaimed".

I have done the Malfini excursion and I really liked it and would do it again. There were no snorkel eguipment rentals there. I liked it because we did the afternoon one so we were able to sleep in that day and not have to worry about being on the first tender to get a chair in the shade. On the excusion everyone had their own chairs that they could put where they wanted. And there was plenty of shade. I liked that there was not many people there. The catamaran ride over was really nice too. I think it was about a 20 min ride. The tour guide also told us lots about the history and culture of Haiti.

I have done the Malfini excursion and I really liked it and would do it again. There were no snorkel eguipment rentals there. I liked it because we did the afternoon one so we were able to sleep in that day and not have to worry about being on the first tender to get a chair in the shade. On the excusion everyone had their own chairs that they could put where they wanted. And there was plenty of shade. I liked that there was not many people there. The catamaran ride over was really nice too. I think it was about a 20 min ride. The tour guide also told us lots about the history and culture of Haiti.

Hi, we've come close to booking this a couple of times but were concerned about lunch being available. Is there any food provided?

Thanks for your help. Finally, someone who's been there!!

Archived