Next Cruise WARNING....Must read if you plan on booking next cruise

skyking

I was on the Liberty sailing Aug 25. Me and my husband felt alittle leery about filling out a piece of paper and handing it over with all of are info on it so we kind of just hung around the LA's area because we did not have an appointment and waited until someone could speak to us. We spoke to a women who was very helpful and I filled out the form and handed it back over to her she never gave me a comformation or reciet, but when I got home the email comformation was in my inbox........But from what I'm reading the LA never mentioned anything about the friends and family certificates is it to late for me to call crown and anchor and try to get this?

This is quite ridiculous..............I know more about RCCL's cruises then their LA!!!!!!!!!!

I was appalled at the LA on a RC cruise a few years back...while I waited my turn, he was so impatient with a couple that wanted to discuss a Hawaii sailing and had cruised many times before. I wanted to go over and assist them! Then it was my turn and he looks at us and says "I need my coffee..." and actually got up to leave. I told him that I just needed to see about getting a coupon book as we hadn't received ours yet (and the cruise was half over). You would think I asked him to break his arm. I really questioned the cruiseline placing this person in this position of helping others... :confused:

I agree that it really does not bode well when passengers know more than the employees. Maybe they should start using "mystery shoppers" and pay attention to the feedback, adjusting their personnel as needed.:rolleyes:

We were actually selected as "mystery shoppers" on an earlier RCL cruise this year. The program does exist.

I have booked nextcruises on several cruises and have been very satisfied.

I knew how the program worked and what I wanted so the LA's task was easy. I made an appt. fairly early, made the rez in my name only for $100 deposit, put it on my RCL VISA, got email confirmation which I checked with my laptop on board (included a copy of the actual booking confirmation), received a printed copy in our stateroom a few days later.

I have actually converted a nextcruise to an actual booked sail date and received the OBC.

I agree with other posters who believe that there are many requests so the system is overloaded. Great suggestion to have a nextcruise desk setup at the pier.

Hi everyone. This is my first posting. I met so many of you on the Mariner on the Sept. 16th sailing.Remember me I was the lurker on the boards. SORRY! I just wanted you to know that I also did the next cruise booking. I did not receive a e-mail confirmation. I just called C&A and spoke with Amy who said that they had just rec'd new information. There were approx. 150 next cruise bookings last week on the Mariner and that the LA is processing all of them.Should be done by Friday. If you do not get a e-mail call on Monday. She did check ours and it was processed and she was sending me a e-mail confirming our booking She also gave me our booking I.D. number. I hope this helps all of you. It was really great meeting all of you

Does anyone know when you use your Next Cruise res# to

apply to a specific cruise does this count as a "new" booking so that you can use the web coupon C&A discounts or take advantage of the RCL specials (either one day sales or Happy Hour)? I'm guessing since you have to use the same res # is doesn't.

Yes, Ive been one of those too but that is just for the shops on board--not the employees.....

We were able to rate the employee who assisted us in the shop with a purchase. It would be a simple process for RCL to expand the program to include other areas of service.

We have also been selected on the last 2 cruises as "commodore club" (? I think) and were able to nominate a crewmember for exceptional service.

Does anyone know when you use your Next Cruise res# to

apply to a specific cruise does this count as a "new" booking so that you can use the web coupon C&A discounts or take advantage of the RCL specials (either one day sales or Happy Hour)? I'm guessing since you have to use the same res # is doesn't.

Yes, it does. Recently, I used my Next Cruise for a booking on the Enchantment. Later, a $75.00 coupon came out and I was able to apply it.

While we were on the Majesty we booked the next cruise option and was handed my confirmation before I left. I do not believe I would leave unless I had something in my hand.. It took the LA about 5 minutes for the whole transaction. After reading these posts if I did another next cruise option I would insist that I have something in my hand before I left now.

We had an experience on Princess where the purser told me that they would see that the girl in charge of cruises would get our paperwork!! Never did and didn't hear a thing from her. It was near the final day of the cruise. When we arrived home I wrote a letter to Princess explaining the situation, no answer. I wrote another letter this time the response was $100pp ship credit to be used on a future cruise and an apoligy with a "looking"into the girl in the cruise office.

Since we will be on the Serenade in a few days:) we are sure to get a receipt if we book a future cruise.

I did finally get my Next Cruise booking number in my email box on Wednesday. (from the Mariner Sept. 16th. sailing) The L. A. are not forthcoming with information about the "Friend Certificates" at all !!!! If you want them, you must ask for them and be very persistent. They do exsist and you should be able to get them but I was not on Mariner last week. Phillipa said she did not have any and could not get any so that would not be an option for me on that sailing. :(

The problems will not prevent me from using the Next Cruise option in the future but I will 1.) Make sure to get it in a written confirmation before I leave the ship and 2.) Make sure to get a "friend certificate" if I want one and not take No for an answer.

Good grief, we're trying to give them our money so we can sail with them again and give them more money. You would think they would have their best people in these positions.

E-Beth

E-Beth--I would call Crown & Anchor and INSIST on the friends and family coupons. When I was on the Mariner 9-2-07 sailing, Carlos told me they were the only ship in the fleet that didn't have them. This is not fair to customers sailing on the Mariner. I had him e-mail the C&A dept., and when I returned home, I called and spoke w/a certain person and got the friends and family certificates. We wanted to use them for family to book the Jewel 11-7-08 cruise, and we did just that so that they could also qualify for the $200. OBC.

I am wondering, now. We sailed the Rhapsody of the Seas 8-26 to 9-2. Yes we did the Next Cruise while onboard and everything is in order. We have since booked Mariner for next August and at that time added our grandson to the cabin. Since the wife and I paid the initial $200 deposit, we then paid the remaining $550 (3 times $250 = $750, less $200 initial deposit = $550).

Here is my question: Does our grandson (14 years old) qualify for the "Family and Friends" certificate (ie. OBC) or is it $100 per cabin only? We are within the 30 day booking period as described in a thread above. If so, I will start the process of calling the C&A desk. No Family and Friends Certificates were mentioned by the LA, but we had not mentioned the possibility of taking someone with us, either.

• 1 year later...

I thought the NCC OBC's had just been changed to:

3-5 nights = $50 per cabin OBC

6-9 nights = $100 per cabin OBC

10 or more = $200 per cabin OBC

I just read in another thread that someone said it's:

6-8 nights = $100 per cabin OBC

9 or more = $200 per cabin OBC

Which one is correct? I can't find the info. on RCI's website at all.

Thanks! ;)

Just off the Mariner today. Went to LA on the first day and purchased two Next Cruise coupons. We received two envelopes in our cabin the next day with our letter/coupon and two family/friends coupons in each envelope. Could not have been easier. We can book a cruise at any time and the family/friends must book within 30 days of us booking ours. Each envelope contains enoough coupons for three cabins.

I thought the NCC OBC's had just been changed to:

3-5 nights = $50 per cabin OBC

6-9 nights = $100 per cabin OBC

10 or more = $200 per cabin OBC

I just read in another thread that someone said it's:

6-8 nights = $100 per cabin OBC

9 or more = $200 per cabin OBC

Which one is correct? I can't find the info. on RCI's website at all.

Thanks! ;)

It USED to be $200 starting at 9 nights, but that was changed maybe a year ago to $200 starting at 10 nights. [Probably due to the number of 9 night cruises out of NY and Baltimore, which now get a lesser credit].

Archived